Fundraising Internship (paid, full-time)
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin on March 1. Applications will not be considered after March 15. You must complete your application within three days of starting it for it to be processed.
Expected Duration: 12 weeks
Pay rate: $12/hour
Hybrid Position: This is a hybrid position (required to be in the office on Tuesdays). Applicants must be local to the DC metro area for the duration of their internship assignment to attend select in-person meetings and/or events not on Tuesdays.
Be an integral part of Wolf Trap’s fundraising department, working closely with the major gifts and annual fund teams. You will participate in stewardship and cultivation events, assist with major gift solicitation strategy and gift proposals, and take the lead on writing year-end impact reports.
- Assist with preparation for cultivation and stewardship events
- Assist with writing major gift proposals and briefing sheets
- Serve as lead writer for year-end impact reports
- Research prospective funders
- Manage donor and prospect information in donor database
- Strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel), experience with Raiser's Edge software is helpful but not necessary
- Outstanding writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Efficient organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer service skills, creativity, and initiative
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Wolf Trap Foundation is monitoring and adhering to current federal and state guidelines for COVID workplace safety to protect staff, artists, and patrons.