Stage Management Apprenticeship (paid, full-time)
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin on March 1. Applications will not be considered after March 15. You must complete your application within three days of starting it for it to be processed.
Expected Duration: 12 weeks
Pay rate: $12/hour
In-Person Position: This is an in-person position. Applicants must be local to the DC metro area for the duration of their apprenticeship assignment.
Function as an Assistant Stage Manager for Opera productions at The Barns at Wolf Trap and the Filene Center, which includes:
- Generating prop and costume running paperwork for the shows to which you are assigned
- Managing rehearsals in conjunction with the rest of the production team
- Assisting on the running crew for each performance
- Stage managing certain smaller projects (Studio Spotlight, recitals, etc.)
- Must have already stage managed a show, or at least assisted on a show
- Interest in pursuing a career in opera stage management
- Experience in musical theatre or opera stage management
- Ability to read music
- Knowledge of or experience in opera highly desirable
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Wolf Trap Foundation is monitoring and adhering to current federal and state guidelines for COVID workplace safety to protect staff, artists, and patrons.