Communications and Marketing Internship
Do you want to advance racial and economic justice while tackling climate change? Join an innovative young nonprofit organization, All In Energy, working to expand access to climate solutions and green jobs across the Commonwealth. Our mission is to accelerate an inclusive clean energy economy. We work hand-in-hand with cities and local community organizations to connect communities of color, non-English speakers and renters/landlords to energy-saving programs and affordable renewable energy. These programs help families save money, make their homes healthier, and combat climate change. We are also increasing green career opportunities for people of color, multilingual individuals and women.
We’re seeking a passionate college student or recent graduate with experience in graphic design and social media to expand our reach and ensure residents and small businesses across the Commonwealth can benefit from nation-leading energy efficiency programs. This is an exciting opportunity not only to learn valuable skills but also to shape the future of a new and innovative non-profit organization.
The Communications and Marketing Intern plays a critical role in developing digital and print communications materials that support 30+ communities in Massachusetts, as well as our field operations, to effectively engage residents, including in 9 different languages. Your work will directly support our community partners and help to expand a more inclusive clean energy economy in Massachusetts.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Customize marketing materials for each of our 30+ community partners, with high attention to local details to ensure accuracy.
- This includes adjusting materials to represent specific community partners, direct residents and small businesses to the correct local websites and phone numbers, creating and updating QR codes, and organizing materials in Drive and SharePoint folders for community access.
- Support in maintaining the website, including updating blog, partner pages, Community pages and staff pages.
- Design and adjust event materials, collateral, and giveaways for tabling
- Support in the creation of social media graphics and maintenance of social media presence on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Miscellaneous tasks associated with starting up a new nonprofit organization, as needed
- Passion and feeling of urgency for addressing global climate change, equitable clean energy access, or economic and environmental justice
- Experience using tools such as: Canva and/or Adobe illustrator, photoshop
- Details-oriented and able to keep tasks, records and systems organized
- Creative with strong eye for graphic design
- Strong written communication skills with minimal spelling or grammatical errors
- Experience with social media, maintaining website content and/or creating fliers for a business, non-profit, team or club
- Experience writing blog posts, published articles, or letters to the editor
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem solve and overcome obstacles
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a small, nimble team
- Ability to work remotely and stay on task and in good communication with team
- Successful experience working remotely with a team
- Experience communicating with the residents of low-income and/or majority-minority communities
- Experience gathering and analyzing data
- Graphic design experience or aptitude
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese
- Basic knowledge of how homes use and lose energy
- Some knowledge in creating marketing strategies inside or outside classroom
- Experience with online project/task management like Asana, Monday.com, Trello, etc.
Hours and Compensation:
- Up to 40 hours per week for up to 12 weeks during summer; fully remote
- Flexible schedule
All In Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. In particular, we’re dedicated to broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the clean energy economy. We’re committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We are actively seeking people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in this work.
To apply, please email a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Internship Application”.