Clinical Research Assistant (Genetics & Epidemiology)
The Clinical Research Assistant (Genetics & Epidemiology) will assist with observational studies and clinical trials aimed at finding risk factors and testing novel preventive interventions for heart and kidney complications of type 1diabetes. Identify potential participants in these studies among the patients attending the Joslin Clinic and interview and examine them in the Joslin Clinical Research Center (CRC).
- Recruit study participants through mailings, telephone calls, clinic interviews and schedule examination appointments.
- Explain to patients the nature of the study and obtain informed consent.
- Interview and examine study participants in the CRC.
- Obtain blood samples for lab testing using phlebotomy skills.
- Process and store samples, transporting these in a safe manner.
- Assist nurses and physicians with the execution of kidney function tests.
- Schedule myocardial magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at the Brigham and
- Women’s Hospital (BWH), accompany study participants to MRI exams, and
- interact with investigator at BWH.
- Store data in appropriate electronic databases and hard copy.
- Work independently to complete projects for deadlines, and report progress to project manager on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-1 years related work experience
- Previous undergraduate research experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills: to interact with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts
- Must be detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize responsibilities – through completion
- Ability to work independently and with others in the lab/study
- Ability to speak on one-to-one basis to interact with study participants to collect study data
- Act at all times with the highest degree of sensitivity, respect, and confidentiality towards research patients and their families as well as the research team and clinical providers.
- Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA requirements with respect to patient confidentiality
Joslin is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.