2024 Investment Banking Intern
Canaccord Genuity is the global full-service investment banking division of Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (TSX: CF, LSE: CF.), offering institutional and corporate clients idea-driven investment banking, merger and acquisition, research, and sales and trading services from offices in 12 countries worldwide. Our team of over 800 capital markets and advisory professionals has industry and transactional expertise in 18 key sectors of the global economy. We are committed to providing valued services to our clients throughout the entire lifecycle of their business and operating as a gold standard independent investment bank.
Summer Intern, Investment Banking
Canaccord Genuity seeks to hire entrepreneurial, team-oriented, self-motivating and driven professionals to join our Investment Banking Department, with opportunities across our Technology, Healthcare, Consumer, and Sustainability groups. We are seeking summer interns to join the Investment Banking team in May 2024. Internships can be based in any of our U.S. office locations, including New York City, Boston, San Francisco, Charlotte and Nashville.
Interns will experience the culture of Canaccord Genuity by performing work similar to the tasks of a First-Year Analyst, playing an integral role in supporting the origination and execution of mergers & acquisitions as well as equity and financing mandates. Interns enjoy considerable responsibility throughout the program and will work closely with the firm’s equity capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and sponsors coverage groups.
· Support the execution of equity and debt financings, M&A, and restructuring and recapitalization transactions
· Learn and perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies’ analyses
· Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses
· Analyze detailed corporate and financial information
· Undergraduate at a leading college or university, with expected graduation date prior to July 2025
· Finance, Accounting or Economics majors preferred
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Proficient in performing basic financial analyses, and possessing accounting skills / knowledge
· Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to work on a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously
· Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously
· Demonstrated team player
Driven by your success
A career at Canaccord Genuity means working for a client-centric organization with a global reach across 10 countries. We are driven to achieve for our clients, our shareholders and each other – our people and culture are at the heart of our success. No matter what your role, you have the opportunity to make a positive difference through your ideas and hard-work and be rewarded for your performance.
Driven by diversity and inclusivity
Canaccord Genuity is committed to encouraging a diverse workforce and to promoting a respectful and inclusive culture in which everyone has the opportunity to thrive and realize their potential. We recognize that diversity across our business strengthens relationships, enables more innovative solutions for our clients, as well as creating a more stimulating place to work.
Building and developing a truly varied team of talented people from all walks of life is essential for tackling new global challenges, adapting to changing markets and appealing to an increasingly diverse client base.