Clinical Research Nurse - Oncology - Full Time - Springfield
The Clinical Research Nurse (CRN) is responsible for coordination of research studies conducted by Mercy Research. The Clinical Research Nurse is responsible for the day-to-day operational tasks related to clinical trials and performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, volunteer recruitment, drug/device/supply inventory maintenance, interaction with physicians, nurses, office staff, patients, and clinical monitors. Duties also include the collection, compilation, documentation and analysis of clinical research data while following local, state and federal regulations. The Clinical Research Nurse will assist in training and preceptor duties. The study load and complexity will increase from the Associate Clinical Research Nurse responsibility, thereby increasing the overall number of enrollments and visits. The Clinical Research Nurse will assist with communication and relationship building with sponsors and CROs.
- Education: BSN or RN with 2 years clinical experience in lieu of BSN
- Licensure: Registered Nurse with valid license in state of practice
- 3 years nursing experience;
- Working knowledge of the research process and clinical trials. Strong familiarity with medical and pharmaceutical terminology, and patient medical records.
- History of meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of work. Demonstrated history of self-motivation in the workplace.
- History of excellent work attendance, dependability, and daily performance.
- Demonstrated willingness to acquire new skills and adapt to changes in workload.
- Ability to perform basic patient assessments, e.g. vital signs, spirometry, ECGs, phlebotomy, blood glucose monitoring, or willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in face-to-face encounters with healthcare professionals and the public.
- Ability to interact with health professionals in a respectful and assertive manner.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including the Internet and all Microsoft Office components, modems, printers and other computer accessories.
- Above average proficiency in mathematics, including a working knowledge of the metric system.
- Ability to work effectively in groups and independently with a high level of efficiency in problem identification and problem-solving.
- Preferred Education: BSN
- Preferred Experience: Phlebotomy experience; Clinical research experience
- Preferred Certifications: CIP/CCRC/CCRP