Trauma Clinical Researcher - Full Time - Mercy St Louis
Mercy Research is one of the nation’s largest fully integrated, community health system-based research organizations. The vision of Mercy Research is to advance health care for our patients and communities by supporting clinical research and exploring solutions to health care challenges. Mercy Research is seeking a highly motivated, data driven, results oriented and experienced Clinical Research Scientist to support clinical research studies within Mercy Trauma Services.
The Clinical Research Scientist will partner with trauma and burn health care professionals to develop and conduct novel and innovative clinical research studies aimed at advancing the field and improving care delivery and outcomes for trauma and burn patients in our communities. The Clinical Research Scientist will serve as Investigator and assist in the preparation of study protocols, study budgets, regulatory documentation, grant/funding applications, and manuscripts as well as assist with data management, and evaluation of study findings. The Clinical Research Scientist will also monitor study progress and resource utilization and ensure performance of study activities in accordance with the study protocol, institutional policies and procedures, and appropriate regulations, Good Clinical Practice and/or Good Laboratory Practice.
- Education: Master’s degree in applied, data, or health science or similar field
- Experience: 3 or more years of translational and/or clinical research experience
- Other Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organization and coordination skills; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task; assists in the preparation of research reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and perform internet search functions.
- Preferred Education: Master’s or Doctoral degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other applied science
- Preferred Experience: 5 years of research experience and basic knowledge of research methodology that pertains to therapeutic area of expertise