Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant- Full Time
Who we are looking for:
Are you the Early Childhood Consultant we have been looking for? In this position you will be able to convey your passion for helping others by working with people in the community! JRI’s Early Childhood Services Program aims to strengthen the abilities of child care programs, to increase healthy social and emotional development in children ages 0-14. Our staff work with the Department of Early Education and Care to support a variety of childcare programs, including family child care programs, Head Start programs and afterschool programs.
JRI provides the training so that:
- YOU will provide onsite observations at child care settings of children with suspected or diagnosed intellectual disabilities.
- YOU will consulting with child care staff and parents around the needs of young children with cognitive disabilities.
- YOU will help screen and monitor young children’s development and introduce activities that promote their cognitive and adaptive skills.
- YOU will facilitate parent and staff training on social emotional and special education topics.
- YOU will assist parents in accessing resources and supports for children with disabilities.
Bilingual a plus!! We offer a $1000 bilingual bonus to any candidate who speaks, reads and writes in a different language other than English.
- Be who you are! JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve.
- Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits.
- Retirement benefits including 401K matched up to $800 a year and pension after 5 years of employment.
- Professional development opportunities such as tuition reimbursement up to almost $4000 per year and discounted tuition rates to select partnership colleges and universities!
- Wellness benefits including access to employee resource groups (including multicultural affinity groups, LGBTQ+ advocacy, employee engagement groups, etc.), self-care resources, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in your first year and much more!
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or Early Childhood Education/Special Education. Candidates with a Master’s degree are preferred.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience working with young children and families.
- Candidates must possess knowledge of early childhood development, inclusive strategies, and special education policies and procedures.
- Candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should be familiar with early education and care programs as well as public school services for young children.
- Candidates must have experience in consulting to or mentoring child care staff. Candidates with experience providing parent and/or staff training are preferred.
- Candidates should have experience developing goal oriented positive behavior support plans for the classroom and home.
- Background and driving record checks will be performed.
JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRI is an equal opportunity employer.