Are you an entrepreneurial leader, passionate about bringing technology to medical providers who serve patients in some of the most under-resourced places around the globe? If yes, then leading Frontida Records is the opportunity you seek!
Frontida Records is a nonprofit that creates digital medical systems (e.g., EHRs, pharmacy inventories) for use in global humanitarian crises and low resource medical settings. Our mission is to empower medical providers and improve the quality of medical care in underserved communities by creating and licensing low cost and easy-to-use digital technology. We are a close-knit and fast-moving nonprofit startup focusing on (1) Healthcare Advancement, (2) Digital Innovation, and (3) Humanitarian Aid.
We envision a future where all people can receive high-quality healthcare regardless of background, circumstance, or status.
Frontida was founded after our team spent time volunteering in an overcrowded refugee camp in Greece as COVID-19 started spreading in 2020. Working with the camp’s doctors, we discovered a desperate need for a health documentation solution that meets the unique needs of these high-density, low-resource settings. Three years later, our team has launched our healthcare solutions in five countries, grown to a team of 25+, and developed an extensive network of trusted advisors and sponsors. We are continuing to rapidly expand and iterate on our design to best serve our clients. Recently, Frontida was selected as part of the United Nations Digital X program and has received support from startup funders.
To execute our mission, our Executive Director must focus on reaching our Fundraising, Management, Customer Acquisition, Finance, and Product goals. Supported by internal volunteer teams and an active Board of Directors, the ED we seek has prior experience in a related field (humanitarian aid, healthcare, healthtech, SaaS etc.), with proven fundraising capabilities, managerial expertise, and passion for Frontida’s global mission.
1. Fundraising: Developing and implementing a fundraising strategy to reach annual fundraising goals, managing all aspects of grant applications, sponsor, donor, and competition funding channels, and building relationships with donors and supporters. In 2023, the fundraising goal for this position is between $250,000 and $350,000.
2. Management: Working with the leadership to develop and implement the annual company strategy, quarterly goals, and KPIs and to grow awareness of Frontida’s product offerings. Part of this role involves implementing organizational best practices, mentoring a mostly volunteer staff, and regularly communicating progress to the Board of Directors, staff and supporters.
3. Customer Acquisition: Helping to expand the number of clinics served by working with the sales team to convert leads to clients, supporting marketing efforts, finalizing scope of work and pricing for each client, and tracking the execution of scope of work to ensure client satisfaction. This involves conducting discovery calls, product demos, and sales calls which may require travel abroad. Public speaking and other healthcare community outreach efforts to raise awareness of the product and mission are key aspects of the position.
4. Product: Supporting product management, ensuring legal compliance and data security for the company and its technology, and ensuring that major product changes align with the company mission.
For more information, see www.frontidarecords.org
- Full-time commitment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Fluent in English
- Strong nonprofit fundraising and financial background
- Leadership experience
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver
- Familiar with low-code technology and SaaS business model
- Passion for the company’s social mission
- Comfortable working with people from other cultures
- At least 1.5 years of experience in a similar role at a startup or nonprofit
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and with volunteers
- Empathetic and respectful
- Strong advocacy and excellent verbal and written communication
- Willing to continuously learn and grow as an Executive Director and have a genuine commitment to advancing social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
PREFERRED/OPTIONAL: We prefer candidates who
- Worked for a nonprofit, a medical organization, or SaaS company
- Has a personal reason to be passionate about nonprofit medical work in low-resource regions
- Received a Masters degree in business, finance, public health, engineering, and/or entrepreneurship
- Have successfully raised $100,000+ for a not-for-profit organization
- Worked in the international humanitarian field.
- Worked with digital medical applications
- Lives in the West Coast of the United States (Los Angeles is preferred)
- Speak Spanish or another language
- Have experience in large-scale program development
- Hybrid work - must be available for quarterly in-person board meetings in the Los Angeles area and able to travel abroad for weeks at a time to under-developed locations.
- Hours are flexible; work is not your traditional 9AM-5PM. We are a start-up, so work hours may vary significantly daily. The ED may be meeting with clients in different time zones.
- No minimum paid time off
- Health insurance (no dental or vision)