Business and Logistics Internship
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is seeking enthusiastic Interns to join our summer camp teams.
Camp Staff or Superhero?
Take a moment to imagine making a difference in the life of a child. Empower campers to
make decisions, become independent, and be proud of who they are. That's what
we do each summer at sleep-away camp! If you're passionate about youth
development, enjoy the outdoors, and want to encourage campers to discover the
best versions of themselves, then Girl Scouts Nation's Capital sleep-away camps
may be for you!
- Business and Logistics Intern – May 25 - August 13 (flexible scheduling available) : Responsible for the overall business and financial operation of the camp. Learn, understand, and practice risk assessment around camp; supervise the operation of the camp office; oversee the camp finances. Salary starts at $525 a week for residential staff.
- Office Specialist – May 29 – August 13 (flexible scheduling available): Assist in keeping camp office clean, organized, and stocked with supplies, salary starts at $405 a week for residential staff.
- Media Specialist – May 29 – August 13 (flexible scheduling available): Photograph campers and staff throughout each camp day. Upload the photographs to our Camp Community site, writing and updating the Camp Community parent online newsletter each day, and actively filming live video to be used in our slideshow/video and uploaded to our Camp Community, salary starts at $405 a week for residential staff.
Is this you?
- Passionate about youth leadership
- Excellent with children, ages 5-17, and equally skilled at working with adults of all ages
- Sensitive to people of other cultures and all abilities
- Love being outdoors and willing to work outdoors in the heat, humidity, and rain
- Prepared to live on-site during employment in rustic cabin accommodations (no electricity, internet, or flushing toilets)
- Aren’t bothered by dirt, bugs, or sunscreen
- Looking for a summer job
Some of the Perks
- Room, board, and laundry facilities provided
- Paid pre-camp training and professional development
- Free certification in CPR/First Aid and other activities dependent on position (lifeguarding, archery, etc.)
- Networking opportunities and a chance to work with staff from across the country and world
- College credit/internship (We'll work with you to fulfill requirements.)
- Ample time off
- Skill development in leadership, communication, problem-solving, behavior management, creativity, and more
- A summer outdoors in the woods without screens!
- Memories and friendships to last a lifetime
- The opportunity to create a positive impact on the youth of today
For more information and other sleep-away camp employment opportunities, go to http://www.gscnc.org/workatcamp.