**Ask about our $6,000 Sign-on Payment, $4,000 Relocation Assistance & Recent Salary Increases! **
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
- Plan for individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and other skills.
- Participate in training and in-service activities.
- Administer and interprets testing to determine academic needs.
- Develop and uses a variety of teaching techniques.
- Produce lesson plans that reflect the individual educational needs of students.
- Prepare reports in compliance with school guidelines.
- Maintain progress notes, attendance records, and grade scores in a timely manner.
- Other essential duties as needed.
- Candidates may have the opportunity to teach in specialized subjects
- Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm.
Small Class Sizes to allow more one on one attention to individual students and their educational needs. The standard Youth Villages class size ranges from 8-15 children.
Tuition & Licensure reimbursement, and training for your career growth and advancement
- Currently enrolled in Teacher Prep Program or has obtained bachelor's degree with endorsement in the grade/subject with a valid Tennessee License
- If currently licensed out of state, must obtain TN licensure with grade/subject endorsement within 90 days after the first day of employment
- Experience working with at-risk youth a major plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
11 paid holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Tuition reimbursement and licensure supervision
Growth & development through continuous training
Clinical and administrative advancement opportunities
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.