Operations & Events Specialist
The operations and events specialist will support the implementation of effective and efficient administrative and operational services for the Washington, DC offices and help with the professionalization of its event logistics. The Operations and Event Specialist will work with the Office Services Team and with colleagues across the organization to support the smooth running of the office. This position reports to the Office Services Manager.
General Office Support
- Assist the Office Services Manager with general administrative matters, security and maintenance issues and delivery of material and equipment to staff
- Prepare and send staff announcements as requested
- Provide support related to the onboarding process for new staff and fellows
- Monitor organizational-wide event calendar
- Monitor vendor invoices for accuracy and prepare materials to ensure prompt payment
- Manage and update floor plans with current workspace assignments and future staffing plans
Reception Area and Mail Services Support
- Greet and direct callers and visitors to the appropriate staff and/or meeting space
- Maintain current knowledge about events taking place virtually or on-site and provide information to visitors and staff; anticipate VIP arrivals by monitoring Event Calendar and prepare accordingly
- Provide callers with general information about GMF such as office addresses/contact information, directions, fax numbers, website
- Open and close visitor area daily
- Ensure coverage of the reception desk during the hours of 8:30am-5 pm
- Ensure the security of the visitor area by determining the business purpose of all visitors and ensuring that visitors are not granted access beyond the visitor area unless escorted by a staff member
- Maintain mail/shipping and receiving services including but not limited to sending and receiving all mail and packages and maintaining postal machine (including obtaining and loading additional postage as authorized)
- Determine the most cost-effective way to send outgoing deliveries and advise staff accordingly
- Assist staff with outgoing express delivery services by making sure that the proper paperwork is provided, and that outgoing mail is placed in the correct area for pickup; maintain inventory of express services supplies
- Sign for deliveries as needed and alert recipient; maintain packages in secure place until retrieved
- Ensure the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.) on pick up days
- Train temporary workers for front desk coverage and maintain an updated reception area desk manual
Supplies: Purchasing, Inventory & Maintenance
- Monitor Office Services Assistance email and follow through to resolve issues
- Maintain inventory of general offices supplies and orderly organization of the supply room; assist staff with additional supply orders
- Maintain the kitchen area: general clean-up and orderliness, efficient storage of supplies, purchasing of inventory as authorized, daily dishwasher unloading and loading
- Ensure adequate supply of paper for building photocopiers; serve as the point of contact with staff to Office Services Manager for photocopier maintenance/repair issues
- Monitor invoices to ensure they are correct; prepare documentation for payment
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and management of GMF’s events, ensuring the success of external and priority internal events and meetings.
- Work closely with GMF’s AV and production staff on room set-up and technical needs related to hybrid convenings.
- Support the development of new policies on how best to centralize GMF’s event operations.
- Support the training of all relevant staff in the office on basic implementation policies and procedures to ensure that even small internal meetings are implemented flawlessly and consistent with “GMF Event Brand”.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- 1-2 years of administrative support and event experience.
- Can-do, proactive attitude with a high level of maturity, professionalism, poise, and excellent judgment.
- Strong attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Ability to foresee, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while carrying out tasks with minimal supervision, and able to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and to take instructions from multiple people.
- Strong facility with MS Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the administration team and all GMF staff.
- General interest of transatlantic relations
We highly encourage individuals from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Historically, underrepresented groups include (but are not limited to) Black, Latinx/o/a/e, Indigenous, Asian, Arab, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, biracial, multiracial, female-identifying, the disability community, LGBTQIA+, and other marginalized identities.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At GMF we are dedicated to building a diverse and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role, but your experience does not align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles at GMF.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer