Data Analyst - SQL/Power Bi
Rocktop Technologies is a financial technology and services company that is seeking a Data Analyst looking to make an impact. It is a very exciting time for Rocktop as we expand our already very talented team with an acute focus on innovation. We offer an independent and agile environment with ample opportunities in a company with a growth driven mindset. Rocktop thrives on our vision of a future where forward-thinkers in finance contribute to the accelerated growth in an industry starving for disruption
As a Data Analyst, you will help in exploring and examining data from disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and insights that can address business problems. You will assist with analyzing business level data to produce actionable insights utilizing analytics tools and programming language; and solving problems for internal business users by automation of processes through tasks, workflows and creating reporting for management.
· Write query to fetch data from very large relational and non-relational databases.
· Extract and analyze data from multiple sources to build complex customized data solutions.
· Build and maintain reports with extensive use of SQL programming, Python, and Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to translate data into meaningful reporting through visualization tools such as Power BI.
· Identify and scope business requirements with internal business users.
· Analyze the proposed solution for potential gaps.
· Test and QC the proposed solution.
· Create and maintain automated events or workflows to increase efficiency of the business or product solution.
· Verify all data, reports, workflows for accuracy and completeness prior to providing them to the end user.
· Balance a workload of several projects simultaneously in order to ensure timely implementation.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Management Information Systems, Data & Analytics, Finance/Economics or equivalent work experience – 2+ Years.
· Working knowledge of databases, structured and unstructured data.
· SQL Programming skills.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel including its full array of formulas, pivot tables, graphs, etc.
· Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI.
· Understanding the usage of workflows (build and maintain) within a business application to increase efficiency.
· Possess a highly organized mind.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a "get-the-job done" attitude.
· Willingness to learn and teach oneself new skills when necessary.
· Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks/responsibilities simultaneously.
· Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work with clients and peers in a respectful and professional manner.
Bonus Skills to Set YOU Apart:
· Master’s degree or equivalent in Management Information Systems, Data & Analytics, Finance/Economics or equivalent work experience.
· Mortgage and/or Real-Estate is highly desired.
· Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel including its full array of formulas, pivot tables, graphs.
· Experience with VBA.
· Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI.
· Experience with Python, R or Julia.
· Ability to learn and comprehend the mortgage acquisition process and mortgage servicing secondary markets.
Salary and Benefits:
· Competitive Compensation.
· Paid Time Off.
· Multiple Medical options for employees and dependents.
· Dental and Vision Coverage.
· Paid Holidays.
· Employer Sponsored Short-term and Long-term Disability.
· Employer Sponsored Life Insurance.
· 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match.
· Tuition Reimbursement.
· An environment that promotes personal growth.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
· Work performed is primarily an office classification in an office environment, although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required.
· Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment.
· Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen.
· Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
· Positions in this classification occasionally (daily, weekly, or monthly) bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information.
· Employees may be required to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
· Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and minimal direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
The position also requires meeting the essential requirements of the Physical Demands and Working Conditions, with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Rocktop Holdings II is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all persons without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or genetic information. Rocktop provides reasonable accommodation to its employees and the public with disabilities, including veterans. For more information, please contact Rocktop Holdings II.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irving, TX 75038: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- SQL: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Irving, TX 75038