Information Technology Auditor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us. From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
Do you have a passion for Technology? We have an outstanding opportunity for a hardworking standout colleague to join our Security & Privacy Team within the Global Internal Audit function! We are pursuing major IT and digital initiatives that include new brand engagement, e-commerce, service delivery, cybersecurity, privacy, and digital content capabilities, and we are seeking passionate team members who want to thrive in this complex environment!
Based out of our headquarters in the West Loop of Chicago, the role of the Technology & Digital Audit Supervisor includes conducting technology-focused reviews in areas such as digital solutions, data integrity and protection, cybersecurity, and privacy, participating in regular risk discussions with leadership, and supervising compliance audits. We conduct technology risk assessments and compliance activities for third party partners and internal clients at our headquarters and at locations around the world.
- Perform risk-based data driven audits related to various areas including data privacy, data protection, cloud infrastructure, network security, secure coding, mobile and web applications, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Apply technical skills to help organize data from large databases (e.g., Oracle, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake) and develop queries to meet various business analysis or strategic data requirements.
- Work with IT leadership on technology and digital strategies, privacy and related regulations, customer loyalty program, and cybersecurity. Partner with management to improve effective identify risks and improve the control environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging technology topics including cybersecurity, DevOps, privacy compliance, and data governance.
- Participate in risk assessments to identify and measure key risks throughout the organization.
- Guide and assist the Technology & Digital Audit team in conducting multiple concurrent technology audits and leading the delivery of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT controls testing by our off-shore team.
- Lead risk-based audits effectively, developing risk and control matrices and successfully driving audits that are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Assist in data analytics conceptualization, design, and development of projects.
- Communicate progress of projects to IT Audit Director/Manager on a timely basis.
- Lead fellow auditors through appropriate planning activities and utilization of departmental tools.
- Share knowledge, deliver training, mentorship, coaching and support to IT Audit staff.
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- We are looking for someone with 2+ years of previous audit-related work experience, such as delivering and/or leading technology focused audits, data driven assessments, financial compliance (SOX) audits, program and system implementation reviews and advisory projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business is highly preferred, but not required
- Previous experience leading all aspects of audit work and communicating effectively with various partners (e.g., external/internal audit, senior management, etc.) is highly preferred
- Ability to travel (both domestically and internationally)
- Knowledge of Python, Java, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, R Studio, Databricks, SaS, Alteryx, UI Path, Automation Anywhere is preferred
- Professional credentials such as CISA, CISSP, CEH, CIPT, CDPSE are preferred
- Familiarity with information technology, business processes and financial reporting audits and familiarity with control frameworks such as NIST, COBIT, ITIL, PCI, ISO and global data privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.