Research Enrollment Coordinator I
Mass General Brigham Personalized Medicine is looking for a motivated and energetic Research Enrollment Coordinator to drive recruitment for the eMERGE study at Mass General Brigham. The eMERGE study is at the forefront of integrating genomic results into clinical care.
The eMERGE (Electronic Medical Records and Genomics) IV Study is focused on the utility of incorporating polygenic risk scores into clinical care. As part of the eMERGE study, consented participants will receive a personalized health risk report for several common health conditions with information about their polygenic risk, clinical history, and family history. Results will be placed into the electronic health record and participants with high genetic risk will be asked to meet with the study genetic counselor to review results. We will observe study outcomes through participant surveys and electronic health record data to learn if providers and patients changed their behavior based on the personalized health risk report. We will recruit a total of 2,500 adults and children across the MGB system for the duration of the study. We are recruiting at primary care clinics that see many English and Spanish speaking patients.
The Research Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for in-person recruitment, patient education, informed consent, consent tracking, sample collection, and data entry and reports to the BWH Project Manager.
The Research Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for the daily execution of principal duties and responsibilities described below. Principal duties may vary over time with project demands, and with skill levels of other staff assigned to the project.
This position is at the forefront of enabling personalized medicine and provides the opportunity to work with world-class researchers and clinicians in an enterprise-wide setting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Research Enrollment Coordinator, under the supervision of the Project Manager, will lead patient recruitment in the following tasks:Contacting potential participants, answering study related questions posed via e-mail or phone calls from potential participants and/or the general public, educating participants about the study including the possible risks/benefits, procedural details and significance of the study, obtaining informed consent from potential study participants, tracking consent status using specialized software, maintaining study participant forms and databases, administering electronic health surveys to consented study participants, providing assistance to participants when completing surveys, monitoring sample collection from consented patients, tracking sample transfer to central repository, and assisting with return of genetic results.
- Ensure recruitment goals are met
- Executes the procedural and policy decisions of PIs and Administration made for the study daily.
- Identifies modifications needed and works to implement solutions to our study workflows.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, genetic counselors, and primary care providers at Mass General Brigham to promote the eMERGE study.
- Responsible for data management. Ensure ongoing data integrity for the project by overseeing data collection, data entry, quality control, and reporting of results.
- Participate in presentation development and execution of study results. Attends meetings and scientific conferences when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Applicants fluent in Spanish are strongly preferred
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Must be able to make independent effective decisions in appropriate situations.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must exhibit strong database management and overall computer skills.
- Must demonstrate analytical skills and be able to problem solve effectively.