Digital Communications Associate
We are looking for a Digital Communications Associate with 0-2 years of experience and a passion for nonprofit brand development and/or international security issues to join our fast-growing team. At C4ADS, we are pushing the bounds of what is possible with open data and technology for conflict, security, and threat-finance research, and this position will help us tell that story. As a Digital Communications Associate, you will play an integral role in our success by supporting the construction and implementation of organizational marketing and communications initiatives, including assisting with email marketing campaigns, social media management, and creating multimedia content — all while working in a fun, collegial environment with generous benefits and flexible hours. Read more about the role and requirements below.
C4ADS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to data-driven analysis and evidence-based reporting of conflict and security issues worldwide. We utilize cutting-edge technologies to manage, integrate, and analyze disparate data from diverse languages, regions, and sources, including our own field research in conflict zones and fragile states. Through our data collection and analysis, we seek to produce and disseminate compelling content to engage both international and local audiences on issues of conflict and security. In doing so, we fill a critical gap left by traditional public sector institutions and profit-driven contractors.
What You’ll Do:
- In conjunction with the Digital Communications Manager, execute email marketing campaigns to grow engagement around C4ADS analytical releases, development efforts, newsletters, and product launches.
- Assist with the conceptualization and implementation of organizational social media strategies to expand our digital presence and increase audience engagement, including via Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, and other burgeoning social media platforms.
- Generate multimedia material for social media, adhering to brand and tone guidelines (including everything from C4ADS promotional collateral to broader industry-wide news).
- Support the Creative & Editorial Director and Digital Communications Manager in the maintenance and updating of the C4ADS website, including in support of launching new analytical outputs.
- Work with a range of stakeholders, including the Creative & Editorial Director, Director of Analysis, Director of Development, Public Relations Manager, Program Directors, and Analysts to understand and support communications priorities from the top down.
- In conjunction with the Digital Communications Manager, manage Google Ads, search engine optimization (SEO), and impact metrics evaluation.
What We’re Looking For:
- Dedication to our values, and passion for our mission.
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker with the initiative and drive to seize opportunities, but the attention to detail to manage many moving parts within multi-layered marketing campaigns.
- Proven interest or relevant experience in social media management, writing communications copy, and using email marketing platforms.
- Able to convey complex information, including academic research and public policy, to a broad and diverse audience in a concise, clear and conversational manner.
- Ability to creatively build online trends, humor, and brand identity into social media content production.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, be it communications, marketing, public relations, or nonprofit management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
Bonus Points For:
- Proven interest or relevant experience working with another nonprofit, think tank, investigative journalism outfit, or other similar organization.
- Experience with Adobe Suite.
- Experience with HTML or CSS.
- Double major or minor in International Studies or a related field.
How We’ll Reward You:
- $65,000 salary
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employees and covered dependents
- Unlimited vacation time, with a required minimum of 10 days per year
- 401(k) program with 4% matching for both traditional and Roth options
- A $4,500 education stipend for continuing growth
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth, adoption, or placement of a foster child
- Life & disability insurance fully covered
- Access to a pre-tax, flexible spending account (FSA)
- SmartBenefits for pre-tax deposits on SmartTrip cards
- A passionate team that values hard work and is serious about building and maintaining a great culture