Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Primary Location:Redwood City, California US
Experience Level: Mid-Senior Level
Travel Requirement: Limited
Build Your Career at Informatica
We're looking for a diverse group of collaborators who believe data has the power to improve society. Adventurous, work-from-anywhere minds who value solving some of the world's most challenging problems. Here, employees are encouraged to push their boldest ideas forward, united by a passion to create a world where data improves the quality of life for people and businesses everywhere.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (INFORMATICA CLOUD PRODUCTS)
We're looking for an TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER candidate with experience in Java, Web Services and Unix/Linux to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
You will report to the Manager, Technical Support.
Technology You'll Use
Java, Unix/Linux, Web Services.
Your Role Responsibilities? Here's What You'll Do
As an important part of the Global Customer Support team, you will provide technical support for Informatica products. The Technical Support Engineer will ensure our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work with the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall service to our customers.
Manage customer support cases daily, including verifying cases, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Ensure that knowledge management and data capture processes are followed and encourage and help convert technical solutions are converted to Knowledgebase articles
- Approach complex technical issues with varying perceptions and making use of opportunities to create productivity tools
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources. Additionally, you will manage communications to customers at all levels to - Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team
- Enhance knowledge through trainings and e-learning courses - Helping customers succeed
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to assist in reporting and resolving product defects.
- Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
What We'd Like to See
- Constructively work together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
- A high degree of analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- You're advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn when facing new problems and challenges.
- Apply your technical Skills to meet service request SLAs, exceed customer expectations.
BS Degree or equivalent technical experience
- 1+ years of experience preferred in the software industry (Supporting products built in Salesforce.com, Amazon, Microsoft, Netsuite or any SaaS platform preferable)
- Grasp of relational database management theory and practice, Salesforce(SFDC) and Master Data Management(MDM) concepts.
- Salesforce certification is desirable (Administrator or Developer).
- Experience in multiple operating systems such as Windows, UNIX/Linux
- Experience with Web Services, WSDL, SOAP, XML, XML Schemas, XPath, ZQuery, Java, and J2ee Servers.
- Any Relational Database experience like Oracle, MS-SQL, and DB2 is desirable although not mandatory - Data Warehousing fundamentals and Knowledge of ETL and data management is desirable
- Experience either as a technical support engineer for enterprise application or as an implementation consultant, with experience in front-line contact with customers/Clients via phone and e-mail. Experience in second or third line support.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant professional experience
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health, vision, and wellness benefits (Paid parental leave, adoption benefits, life insurance, disability insurance and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Tuition reimbursement program to support your and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and an employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
We're guided by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations. At Informatica, we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity.
Informatica (NYSE: INFA), an Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to achieve the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud™ (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and improve their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 84 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to guide data-led digital transformation. www.informatica.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Informatica. Cloud First. Data Always™
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Pay Rate: $86,000.00 - $110,000.00 Annually
The Pay Rate above is for roles based in California. Actual pay rate may vary depending on the employee’s geographic location and other factors. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and candidate experience. among other factors.