Instructional Paraprofessional for Bergen County's Premier Autism Treatment Center
Alpine Learning Group believes in...
Transforming the lives of individuals with autism and their families
Being on the cutting edge of autism education and research
Learning from top leaders in the field of autism and ABA
Since 1989, Alpine Learning Group has been Bergen County's leading treatment center for autism. We offer a full range of diagnostic and clinical services, along with established programs in education, in-home treatment, and adult services. We meet the challenge of autism with science and compassion and provide comprehensive resources to our learners and families.
Alpine Learning Group is a full day, twelve-month program for learners ages 3-21. The instructional paraprofessional provides ABA-based teaching techniques in a classroom of five learners in a 1:1 to 1:2 staff to student ratio. Overseen by a certified teacher, the instructional paraprofessional delivers individualized programming across a wide range of curriculum areas while collecting and analyzing data to track learner progress.
Join our team of highly qualified professionals at Alpine Learning Group.
- Partnership with families
- Our dedicated staff
- Meaningful outcomes
- Data-driven decision-making
- Excellence in research
- Compassion and respect
Job Purpose: The Instructional Paraprofessional is responsible for assisting teachers in the implementation of individualized skill acquisition and behavior reduction treatment programs for learners enrolled in the day education program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the arrival and dismissal of students.
- Assist in reinforcing both instructional and treatment programs developed by the classroom teacher
- Monitor and assure the safety of learners in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, etc.)
- Assist in collecting, summarizing, and reporting data
- Assist in evaluating learners
- Assist in the management of assigned learners throughout the school day
- Contribute to the development of instructional and treatment programs
- Respond to and report emergencies/injuries as per Alpine Learning Group policies and procedures
- Attends staff meetings, pre-service training, and in-service training sessions
- Engage in professional development opportunities (conferences, etc.)
- Recommend materials, equipment, and supplies
- Assist in proper maintenance of classroom, other areas of the facility, and grounds by informing administrators of any issues
- Be of good moral character
- Ability to successfully complete the Alpine Learning Group training program
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in educational technology
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and needs
- Maintain confidentiality
- Associates Degree (or equivalent credits), Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Experience working with learners with disabilities (preferred)
- Experience working with children (preferred)
- Valid driver's license
Compliance with Federal, State and NJDOE Personnel Code requirements, including but not limited to Mantoux TB test, Criminal History. Motor Vehicle Review, Citizenship Status
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
Sitting, walking, standing, occasional running, some lifting, good fine and gross motor coordination when guiding students, ability to supervise play and exercise routines, vision and hearing and receptive and expressive language abilities as suited to instructional and behavioral needs of one's students.
Schedule: Full Time position: 35.5-hour work week - Monday, 8:30- 4:00 pm. Tuesday- Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Salary: Commensurate with credentials
After a 60-day waiting period, the candidate is eligible for a full benefits package which includes:
- A choice between three different medical plans
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Dental insurance
- Optional Vision plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short term and Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement Plan (after one full year of service)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- BCBA mentorship and supervision
Alpine Learning Group is committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and provides equal opportunities, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other factors prohibited by law, with regard to all applicants, students and staff.