Research & Brokerage Internship, Renewable Energy & Environmental Commodities - Spring/Summer (part-time)
Karbone Inc. is an award-winning financial services platform for renewable energy and decarbonization markets. Since 2008, we have offered integrated and innovative Commodity Brokerage, Market Research, and Financing solutions to a global suite of clients. Our teams are proudly ranked first amongst their peers and are all dedicated toward our core mission of providing our clients and partners with the necessary data, market access, and financing options to help them succeed in the new energy transition.
Karbone is currently looking for Spring/Summer Interns!
- Work with full-time Desks to facilitate transactions for various classes of energy and environmental commodities across North America
- Commodity exposure includes; Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), Carbon Credits, Renewable Fuels Credits (RINs and LCFS), Power, Capacity, and Sustainability Market advisory & consulting.
- Build knowledge of market developments, regulations, legislation, and industry trends
- Develop contact databases and generate leads
- Conduct research on all classes of renewable energy market products globally
- Work with Brokerage and Research teams on analysis of legislation, policy, and regulation impacting environmental markets
- Track industry trends, industry events, compile media-related material
- Compose research briefs and news reports on renewable energy, environmental markets, legislation, policy, and regulation for in-house and external usage, with potential to publish on market-wide basis
- Work with the Brokerage and Research team in facilitating live spot market pricing and/or forward commodity curves
- Current student in economics, energy, environmental studies, finance, and/or journalism
- Focus on renewable energy and environmental research, writing, and editing
- Professional interest in media, research, analysis, and/or commodity trading
- Strong understanding of economics
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts in rapidly changing markets and policy regimes
- Tech. skills including advanced Excel (VBA) and/or coding skills (Python, C++, etc.) a plus