2023 Growth Private Equity Summer Analyst
Spectrum is a lean organization that has an entrepreneurial and outward-facing culture. Analysts are key members of the team and instrumental in deal generation and sourcing. Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Sourcing new investment opportunities across the firm’s key focus areas including the software, internet / digital media and information services sectors
- Researching potential investment themes and presenting findings to the investment team
- Assisting in due diligence on new investment opportunities
The Summer 2023 Analyst Intern position is an up to 10-week paid full-time job in either our San Francisco or Boston office. To be considered, you must fill out this survey to complete your application. High performing Summer Analyst Interns may be considered, after the completion of their program, to continue with the firm as full-time Analysts starting in the Summer of 2024, with the expectation that their undergraduate degree is conferred prior to starting.
A qualified candidate should be a junior who will also meet the following criteria:
- A track record of achievement demonstrated by success in an area of personal interest (e.g., academics, extracurriculars, employment opportunities, social impact, or familial activities)
- Ability to grow in an entrepreneurial environment under limited supervision with mentorship guidance
- Team player that operates best in a collegial working culture
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter with great work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Comfortable interacting with the management teams of prospective investments
- Demonstrable interest in finance, investing, and the technology sector
Qualified applicants should be prepared to provide verification of their right to work lawfully in the U.S. during the internship and after graduation.
Please apply and complete our survey (linked in Job Description) by Friday, February 10th. Spectrum will reach back out to you via email for interview scheduling should there be a fit. We plan to screen candidates on an ongoing basis so each applicant’s timeline will vary depending on calendar bandwidth.
CCPA Notice for California Employees and Applicants
Spectrum Equity Management, L.P. and its affiliates (referred to collectively in this policy as “Spectrum,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) collects and uses Personal Information for human resources, employment, benefits administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes and to be in legal compliance. Below are the categories of Personal Information we may collect from you as an applicant or employee, and the purposes for which we intend to use this information:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent’s or other individual’s information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- National identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on our information systems and networks.
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as COVID-19 related temperature checks and call monitoring and video surveillance.
- Profile or summary about your preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We collect Personal Information to use or disclose on a confidential basis as appropriate to:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
- Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- onboarding processes;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers’ compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Manage and monitor employee access to our facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of our policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain our operations, including for safety purposes.
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of Spectrum and our employees, affiliates, clients, contractors, and agents.
If you have any questions about this Notice, your data rights in California, or need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact us at:
140 New Montgomery Street, 20th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Attention: Carolina A. Picazo