Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Saint Andrew's School is an independent, co-educational school for grades PreK - 12, Saint Andrew's is both a day school and a boarding school, educating students from across the United States and throughout the world. As a college preparatory school in the Episcopal tradition, Saint Andrew's welcomes students of all faiths, customs, cultures, and beliefs. "Honor Above All," academic excellence and education in Mind, Body, and Spirit reflect Saint Andrew's experience. We are committed to educating the "whole child" while instilling a dedication to lifelong learning.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications within the Advancement Office and provides support in producing and executing the school marketing plan, as well as creating written and digital content for internal and external communications. Interested candidates must provide a link to their writing portfolio or upload a short form or long form writing sample.
Saint Andrew’s School recognizes the importance of a robust and mission–correct digital presence in building the school’s brand and enhancing communication among its key target audiences. This position requires a dynamic, flexible, detail-oriented self-starter to play a key role in both internal and external marketing communication efforts. The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for creating and managing written and digital-related content for the school that increases brand loyalty.
- Support the execution of the school’s marketing plan and strategy
- Assist in creation, writing, and dissemination of divisional school eNewsletters – Lower, Middle, and Upper School
- Develop and disseminate timely written and visual digital content for school emails, website, school intranet, and Internet
- Create news content for and manage school’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Assist with developing multimedia content as needed (photo/video)
- Collaborate with staff on identifying and executing new initiatives for marketing and communications
- Assist with design creation for social media and publications
- Assist with Crisis Communications and Media Relations as needed
- Additional related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field - Communications, English, Marketing/Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, and 2-5 years’ experience; or commensurate work-related/internship experience
- Effective written communicator and editor (Knowledge of AP style a plus)
- Working knowledge of available tools and platforms in the social media space and experience in social media posting
- Experience in digital photography a plus
- Experience in graphic design using Adobe or online tools such as Canva.com a plus
- Fluent in web content management systems a plus
- Appreciation and enthusiasm for Saint Andrew’s School’s mission and values and the ability to incorporate them in communications across media types
- A warm, empathetic demeanor and a collaborative and flexible nature
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Experience with diverse cultural populations and age groups
Saint Andrew’s School is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, gender, race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability or handicap, genetic information, military status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirement of all federal, state, and local laws.
Saint Andrew’s is a drug-free workplace. All employees must successfully maintain an acceptable Level II criminal background check. Saint Andrew’s School may, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the school’s changing needs.