Biopharmaceutics Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Be a part of the legacy: Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
Our Research Laboratories’ Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow that is passionate about advancing the predictive capability of in vitro drug dissolution models to join the Biopharmaceutics group part of the Sterile and Specialty Products at our company Research Laboratories in Rahway, New Jersey. The successful postdoctoral fellow will use conventional and next-gen in vivo predictive dissolution apparatus to establish the new in vivo predictive dissolution foundation and to fine-tune for the improvement of IVIVC and the in vivo prediction from this in vitro study combined with in silico modeling. The postdoctoral fellow will work in close collaboration with pharmaceutical scientists, bioengineers, analytical scientists, and formulation scientists at our company. This fellowship intends to focus on developing the candidates scientific and professional development and is intended to last for 3 years.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research under mentorship of the Biopharmaceutics team and Analytical science team (SMARD: small molecule analytical research & development) involving in vitro dissolution, IVIVC (connecting plasma profile from pre-clinical and clinical studies), connecting in vitro dissolution to in vitro permeation study (Gut-on-a-chip), and in silico modeling based on the in vivo predictive dissolution profiles.
- Willingness to troubleshoot and problem solve complex transport phenomena in dissolution settings and modeling.
- Collaboration with our company's colleagues in Oral Formulation Sciences, Discovery Pharmaceutical Sciences, AR&D Sciences, Exploratory Science Center, and our company's 3D Technologies.
- Active participation in department and group meetings, and postdoctoral program trainings and meetings.
- Continued development of your science communication skills through literature reviews, manuscript authoring, internal and external conference attendance.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics, Analytical Sciences, Physiology, Pharmacology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Drug Delivery, or related field.
- Less than 3 years of postdoctoral experience or plans to graduate with a PhD or will you have completed your PhD within the next year
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in analytical methodologies (e.g. HPLC and LC-MS)
- Experience in oral absorption and gastrointestinal biology
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in in silico modeling software (e.g. SimCyp and GastroPlus)
- Experience/interests in in-vitro dissolution (compendial dissolution apparatus) for drug absorption studies or assessing drug delivery systems
- Experience in transport analysis (mathematical model)
- Willingness to expand your expertise and to be a champion in the new field
- Familiarity with in vitro dissolution apparatus
- Knowledge of intestinal biology, oral absorption, and pharmacokinetics
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.