Intern, Global Network Strategy and Planning
At Biogen, our mission is clear - we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
This application is for a 12-week internship role from June - August 2023. Resume review begins in January 2023.
The internship position is in the Global Network Strategy and Planning department. The Network Strategy team provides strategic decision support and risk management to Biogen’s Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology (PO&T) division, which is responsible for advancing our therapeutic pipeline and ensuring reliable supply of our commercial therapies to patients.
As the intern, you will lead the effort to enhance the risk management product playbooks by partnering with leaders in the network strategy team, External manufacturing, and Global supply chain teams.
- Develop / enhance the product supply risk management playbook
- Support the supply and vendor risk assessment process and database updates
- Understand supply chain and external manufacturing business processes and product inventory targets
- Gather and organize manufacturing capacity assessments and risks based on long range supply plan requirements
Knowledgeable in biotech manufacturing processes, supply chain management, risk assessment methodologies
- Knowledge of different stages of manufacturing in pharmaceutical / biotech industries
- Experienced with developing risk management frameworks
- Have experience in Supply Chain analytics
- Aptitude to learn and recommend integration of business processes and facilitate its implementation
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage complexity and manage multiple priorities
- Must be team-oriented (proactively builds healthy working relationships)
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
MBA or master’s degree (MS) in Supply Chain Management in progress
Research Triangle Park, NC