2023 Contracting Project Management Intern
Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Trane has an exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Contracting Project Management Intern. In this position, you will work on all aspects of construction projects, from beginning to end, with responsibility for project execution while working alongside a Project Manager to complete objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. You will also be responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of projects and accountable for assigned scope of work, schedule, and budget. Trane focuses on solutions that provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings.
Our structured 12-week program will challenge and develop your technical, business, leadership, and communication skills. It will give you insight into a Contracting Project Management career with Trane and create the opportunity to join our best-in-class Graduate Training Program (GTP) upon graduation for those who mutually agree to pursue a career in Contracting Project Management.
As a Contracting Project Management Intern, you may experience:
* Planning and coordinating assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives. This could include generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis
* Working directly with the engineering team to support engineering programming and material selection activities related to projects.
* Establishing and maintaining an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope and monitor the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion by managing expenses.
* Preparing sub-contractor request for quotations (RFQ), including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
* Receiving and qualifying subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
* Communicating with contractors, subcontractors and owners to discuss scope of project, budgets, performance, and close-out as well as with other team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues, and information needs.
* Strongly preferred to be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering, Building Management, Construction Management, or equivalent with a cumulative overall GPA at or above 2.8.
* Knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods.
* Be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
+ DUI in the previous 5 years
+ Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
* Possess a Valid State issued Driver’s License with ability to provide proof of insurance
This posting is for multiple opportunities. Some positions may be remote while others may require a hybrid or onsite assignment at one of our facilities across North America.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.