1.0 FTE Long-Term Substitute Special Education Teacher - Resource Room
Position Title: 1.0 FTE Long-Term Substitute Special Education Teacher - Resource Room
Reports to: Building Principal and the evaluation team supervisor
Terms of Employment: To cover a leave of absence from approximately March 8, 2023 to June 13, 2023.
$175 per diem, non-benefits eligible position.
- Supports regular educator by modifying curriculum for 7th grade students eligible for special education, using the course of study adopted by the MA DESE.
- Works to ensure the rights of students with disabilities to be full participants in the general curriculum.
- Implements state and federal laws and regulations as they apply to special education.
- Participates in the development of and oversees implementation of IEPs for students eligible for special education.
- Supervises and supports paraprofessionals as they implement instruction.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a supportive learning environment in the classroom.
- Evaluates and maintains data on students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and collaborates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence through professional learning provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities as assigned during the working day.
- Administers standardized tests and writes student evaluation reports to help determine special education eligibility.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MA DESE Moderate Disabilities license at the appropriate grade level strongly preferred
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and possess a high level of capability with technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands or arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Experience and commitment to working in a racially and culturally diverse teaching and learning community
Applicants for employment are considered without regard to age, physical, mental or psychiatric disability, genetics, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or military status.