Procurement Data Analyst
The Procurement Data Analyst is responsible for spend analysis on products and services that Yale procures as well as reporting savings results driven by procurement activities. The Data Analysts collects and interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve procurement and procurement decisions such as the development of sourcing strategies, supplier selection and onboarding and identification of savings opportunities. The Data Analyst gathers information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends. Once data is gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst reports what has been found in a comprehensive study to procurement management. The Data Analyst makes recommendations about the methods and ways the company obtains and analyzes data to improve the quality and efficiency of the data system. The data analyst also develops and implements standard savings process and savings collection process, collects from the procurement team savings results and interprets savings numbers, works with procurement team to ensure adequate documentation requirements are met to validate savings calculations and synthesizes, summarizes, and interprets savings numbers and prepares frequent executive summaries and report outs on savings results to Leadership. The Data Analysts also develops procurement strategies and recommend goals and savings targets in line with the institution’s strategy and procurement best-practices while maximizing effect spend under management.
1. Creates a relational database from existing study data currently stored in multiple data sources. Designs comprehensive and relational databases with advance knowledge of relevant applications impacting on the data analyses and reporting. 2. Develops and documents operational procedures for the collection, editing, verification and management of study data. Documents all study data files, data structure and relationships, variable definitions and data codes. Writes detailed specifications for analysis files and performs consistency checks. 3. Develops and implements relevant statistical programs to incorporate data from multiple studies/projects. 4. Organizes and creates documents and tables related to datasets; communicates with data sources about data accuracy and data dictionary. 5. Evaluates and analyzes data using accepted statistical techniques and statistical analysis software. Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software. 6. Uses advanced statistical knowledge to provide support in managing and analyzing data. 7. Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data. Ensures the integrity of databases used in analyses through development of essential data cleaning and checks, and data back-ups. 8. Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that data are collected and completed in a timely manner at each site location. 9. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer science, business administration or a related field and two years of experience in data management and analysis or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with data collection and in coordinating efforts of multiple groups.
- Ability to analyze large data sets; ability to recognize patterns in data, information or events to draw logical conclusions and make recommendations. Demonstrated advanced analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner and to write comprehensive reports.
- Advanced skills in using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Access, Word, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of ERP Systems and Procurement/Supply Chain Management-related software.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills, including but not limited to quantitative and qualitative analysis of internal and external data to support the development and execution of business improvement strategies. Experience with data models and reporting packages. Good interpersonal and organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams with limited guidance. Actively solicits differing opinions to ensure understanding of complex issues and acts in a manner that builds and maintains trust. Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deadlines. Ability to build strong relationships with all business partners and suppliers.