Geisinger Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP)
The Geisinger Clinic Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) provides an exceptional opportunity for undergraduate students to conduct research under the mentorship of our nationally and internationally recognized scientists. This program is designed for undergraduates with a strong background in the sciences who are considering a career in biomedical research. Participants experience the joy of scientific discovery as well as the challenges inherent in scientific research while developing skills in scientific reasoning, research methods and scientific communication through interaction with our research staff.
Internships are available in the following areas:
- Autism & Developmental Medicine Institute
- Center for Community Environment and Health (CCEH)
- Center for Pharmacy Innovation and Outcomes (CPIO)
- Clinical Genome Resource (ClinGen)
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at The Weis Center for Research
- Department of Genomic Health
- Department of Genomic Health; Mirshahi Lab
More information about these areas can be found here: https://www.geisinger.edu/research/careers/summer-research-internships
The Geisinger Clinic SURP is competitive, with acceptance based on grades, test scores, recommendations, and stated career goals. You may apply if you are currently enrolled in a four-year college or university, completed your first year prior to start of the program, and will not graduate prior to internship. No previous research experience is required; however, applicants should have taken appropriate course work prior to application.
Program eligibility and features:
- Students entering their undergraduate Sophomore, Junior and Senior years are eligible to apply.
- Pharmacy students in their first two professional years are encouraged to apply.
- Paid program $11.50/hr., 40 hours per week, Tuesday May 30, 2023 – Friday August 4, 2023
- To the degree possible, students are matched with research programs according to their stated interest and work on projects under the direct supervision of our staff and faculty.
- Students are selected from diverse academic backgrounds.
- Students are responsible for their housing accommodations and transportation for any in-person internships.
- Some internships may be remote (TBD).
- Geisinger does not sponsor OPT for this short-duration summer internship.
- Geisinger does not participate in e-verify
Interested students should send the application form and all required materials in one complete packet and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through February 1, 2023. Note: Late submissions/materials will not be accepted.