As a leading firm focused on internal audit, accounting and corporate finance, our goal at DLA, LLC is to continuously develop our employees and to embrace a culture that combines fun with hard work and dedication!
We are actively recruiting a part-time Tax Intern to join the Tax team. This is a seasonal position from February 1st to April 15th, 2023.
DLA has always had a very flexible work model where ideally time will be split between our Shrewsbury, NJ office and your home. Remote candidates may also be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of federal and state Corporate, Partnership, Trust, Estate and Individual tax returns, including quarterly estimates and tax projections
- Federal tax research
- Keeping current on new federal and state tax matters
- Interaction and communication with clients, both verbally and in writing, client meetings and responding to client inquiries, Internal Revenue Service, and state tax notices
Knowledge & Skills:
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years of tax experience in a public accounting setting
- Knowledge of GAAP, general business and operational principles a plus
- Effective time management with ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- Problem-solving attitude with the ability to analyze, resolve issues and make recommendations
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and analytical abilities
- Independent, proactive and self-motivated
- Solid interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; UltraTax experience is a plus
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. DLA hires great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for consulting, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
DLA is growing rapidly. Come be a part of our success story!