Electrical Project Engineer
Electrical Project Engineer
Individuals assigned to this classification will perform engineering calculations and must be able to layout and design systems in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures, code and shall exercise judgment in their application with minimal to no supervision. Individuals should be able to apply practical knowledge and experience in their field to resolve problems and conflicts related to the projects assigned to them. Individuals should be capable of independent decision-making for engineering tasks on the projects assigned to them. Individuals may occasionally supervise subordinate personnel or assist other engineers or designers.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, minimum 8 years of work experience and shall be a licensed engineer.
- Individuals assigned to this classification will perform engineering calculations and must be able to layout and design systems in accordance with established policies, standards, procedures, code and shall exercise judgment in their application with minimal to no supervision.
- Individuals should be able to apply practical knowledge and experience in their field to resolve problems and conflicts related to the projects assigned to them.
- Individuals should be capable of independent decision-making for engineering tasks on the projects assigned to them.
- Individuals may occasionally supervise subordinate personnel or assist other engineers or designers.
- Knowledge of discipline specific codes and other building codes.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good leadership skills to educate client on design and other project requirements.
- Meet with the Project Engineer and the Project Manager to discuss the design scope, schedule, budget, phasing, site issues, and design review issues.
- Work with Project Manager and Project Engineer to prepare design budgets and schedules.
- Estimate discipline man-hours required to complete the design requirements of a project.
- Provide leadership and assign design job functions to designated designers and supervise their efforts in completing the project on time and within budget.
- Implement system types as selected by the Project Engineer and provide complete.
- construction documents that match the client and project team’s requirements.
- Review preliminary and final engineering design with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination, and final design selection.
- Perform a final review of the engineering drawings.
- Client contact.
- Perform quality assurance on projects in coordination with technical manager or project engineer.
- Mentor and motivate Engineering designers I, II and III. Set high standards, Professional integrity and seeks for the company and client best interest.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design. Additional duties as required.
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Proficient in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Engineering Modeling tools Researching and writing reports/opinions.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent Time Management
- Equipment selection
- Excellent judgement and decision making
- Excellent management of personnel resources – Motivating, developing and directing team members.
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, able to handle stressful situations and multi-tasking, able to work under time constraints, long hours may be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Overtime (40+ hours) may be required as needed.
Must be able to handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and working within reasonable time constraints to meet production schedules and budgets. Will work in normal office environment and may also be required to work outside of a normal office from time-to-time.
The above criteria has been developed to establish guidelines for this position, but note that these are only guidelines, and a person’s ability, talent, effort, personality, and other aspects of the profession shall become a deciding factor for each position. Promotions are dependent on effort, attitude, ability, need, and schooling and should not be considered automatic.
Cuhaci & Peterson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cuhaci & Peterson complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Additionally, this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship between the employee and Cuhaci & Peterson Architects, Engineers & Planners, Inc.