Verification Intern (VLSI/ASIC) - Summer 2023
About our group:
Our team is made up of engineers developing digital IP for integration into controller System-on-Chip (SoC) for Hard Disc Drives (HDD). Seagate is a large company made up of a vast array of interrelated pieces. For the company to be successful, all these pieces need to come together towards a common goal. The Platform Buffer Manager and Security IP team is part of the larger VLSI team that is responsible for providing the silicon SoC’s required to run the storage product(s). As such, we are at the forefront of defining and then implementing the chips that will drive Seagate’s products to be Best in Class across all our product lines.
About the role - you will:
- Take a role in one of the development tasks ranging from automating tasks, scripting, implementing the design using a hardware design language, writing verification (Scoreboards, Checkers, etc) using VMM/UVM, applying stimulus, and then debugging the functionality.
- The work you will be doing will be directly responsible for the future success of our next-generation products.
- Work with a wide range of people and skills as we develop and then test the latest digital designs.
- In this internship, you would be paired with one or more engineers to take on tasks to help the team deliver on their project goals.
- Enjoy collaborating with other engineers on a global team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excel in a cross-functional team setting
- Find excitement in learning and mentorship
Your experience includes:
- An understanding of advanced verification theories and/or logic design concepts with some experience running hardware design language simulators is needed
- Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) knowledge and/or experience
- Experience or coursework in logic design with Verilog and/or System Verilog
- Experience or coursework in Linux, Perl, Python, and Object-oriented Programming (OOP) languages (C, C++, C#, Java, etc.) is highly desired
- Working towards a BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Returning to school in Fall 2023
Location: Longmont, CO
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $25.00 – $34.00. The actual salary range is based on the regional labor market of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job, your year in school, and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.