Finance Trainee, Global Finance Rotation Program
Our Finance Rotation Program is an incredible opportunity for college graduates to gain exposure to the financial functions of a music company while building meaningful professional relationships. This program provides Finance Fellows with an opportunity to enhance their Financial and Accounting skills with on-the-job training in the music industry and experiential learning. Finance Fellows will work across a wide range of areas, including Royalties, Accounting, Global Finance, Digital Operations - Finance, and Business Unit Finance.
This is a two-year rotational program. Year 1 will include two 6-month rotations in Royalties and Corporate Accounting. Year 2 rotations will be based on business needs; this may include rotations in Corporate Finance, Global Digital Business, a Business Unit at one of our labels, or at The Orchard, our independent distribution company.
Please note, this opportunity will be based in NYC and may require coming into the office up to 4 days a week. This program will commence in September 2023.
What you’ll do:
- Support all aspects of Royalty Accounting for designated record labels
- Create, review and maintain monthly reports for management
- Be responsible for certain aspects of the monthly close process
- Conduct detailed analysis and research on financial results and balances
- Utilize our sales and financial reporting and forecasting systems
- Perform sales analysis and analysis of non-financial KPIs including market share and chart performance
- Collaborate on a wide range of other special projects and assignments
Who you are:
- Winter 2022 or Spring/Summer 2023 Graduate
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Firm understanding of Finance and Accounting principles
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Demonstrate success through prior accomplishments
- Exhibits business acumen with a curiosity and willingness to learn
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Passionate about music
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess (Christmas Day through New Year's Day)
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $65k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.