Program Supervisor - Riverside
Are you passionate about advocating for the mental health of children and adolescents? Join a team that's just as passionate as you!
As the Program Supervisor you are responsible for the program operations which include supervision of counselors at the Welcoming Center and ETS programs, staffing and scheduling, and upholding high standards of work with children and families. The Program Supervisor is a strong role model for implementing Seneca’s model in direct care work with children, responds to crises, and provides consultation as needed.
ABOUT RIVERSIDE WELCOMING CENTER
The Welcoming Center is a home-like receiving center that supports children and youth ages 0-17 as they navigate the trauma of placement disruption. Our multi-disciplinary team provide safety, care, comfort, and therapeutic supports for up to 24 hours for young people in Riverside County who: have just been removed from their home; are returning from elopement; otherwise experience a loss in placement. Staff are currently providing these services in Beaumont, CA.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community-based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and training on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
$2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees in this position!
- Provide direct supervision (individual and group supervision), support, and training to counselors.
- Nurture and sustain a positive team culture that centers values of anti-racism and anti-oppression.
- Lead and participate in the review of policies, practices, and data through a lens of anti-racism to ensure equitable outcomes for youth and families and equitable opportunities for staff.
- Develop and manage shift schedules to ensure adequate day to day staffing for the safe and effective operation of the center.
- Remain knowledgeable of all clients and ensure appropriate safety planning for all.
- Review, provide feedback, and approve documentation of supervises to ensure compliance and expected billing.
- Understand the terms and conditions of program contract and implement strategies for tracking and reporting all required data.
- Coordinate with the management team to plan ongoing staff trainings, and to interview, hire and retain staff.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or related subject area
- A Bachelor’s degree + 3 years of experience providing direct services to clients may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Own vehicle, California driver’s license and auto insurance
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other state/federal licensing or certification requirements
- Must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster required
- Supervisory experience
- Bilingual Spanish or Vietnamese
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, presentation and computer skills
- California BBS license
- Full time; front-end shift
- Sun - Wed; 2PM - 12AM
- Starting at $65,140 - $79,140 annually. Actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualification
- An additional $6000 per year upon passing a bilingual language proficiency exam
- $2000 sign-on bonus!
- Mileage reimbursement
- Salary increases each year
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture coverage
- 50% paid premiums for dependents
- Long-term disability, family leave, and life insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 5 weeks of Paid Time off and 11 Paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance may be available