Survey Research Manager
Are you insatiably curious? Do you enjoy a formidable business challenge? If so, then we share a lot in common and would love to get to know you better.
To indicate interest in this role please share your name and email address through the Breezy link and we will send you a survey to share more about your talents.
What is Gradient Metrics?
We’re a new breed of market researchers and data scientists that apply statistical models to make difficult decisions easier. We create actionable intelligence from data of any kind. We investigate deeply and iteratively to solve problems, not symptoms. Above all else, we are never satisfied with the first layer of understanding.
We help a diverse array of clients, from Series A startups to Fortune 100 companies, precisely evaluate their marketing campaigns, calculate customer lifetime value, assess brand equity, and experiment with new product design. And that’s just an appetizer.
There is no “standard” day at Gradient — we like to push the norm by exploring new methodologies and technologies. We can do this because we are lean, flexible, and efficient. This makes us a little different than our peers and we’re looking for someone with a healthy dose of curiosity, brilliance, and (a bit of) grit to join us. Head over to our website, our latest newsletters, and our guiding principles to find out more about who we are and what we do.
As Gradient continues to grow, you will join a small team where your decisions and actions really matter, and where you will have a lot of creative liberty.
Survey Research Manager
Gradient is a team of data scientists, programmers, and researchers driven by statistics and grounded in stories. We help our clients succeed by bringing together traditional market research and data science to build models that serve them. We have partnered with large corporations, non-profits & foundations, as well as niche brands and pride ourselves on our ability to organize data in smart, simple ways that are ready for action.
Our business is growing and so is our team. We are looking to add a Survey Research Manager to take a lead on client projects, managing the full life cycle from discovery to deliverables. We’re looking for candidates who want to contribute to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Gradient has a commitment to diversity and inclusion and candidates with diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Ideal Experience & Skills
- Professional work experience
- Minimum 5 years in a research agency, institute, think tank, advocacy organization, academic research, etc.
- Substantive knowledge in political issues and/or consumer purchasing behavior required
- Education qualifications
- Advanced degree in the social sciences or marketing sciences preferred but not required
- Preferred skill set
- Extensive experience writing academic and/or press-quality surveys
- Familiarity with frequentist and/or Bayesian statistics
- Comfortable analyzing survey data in R, or a similar analysis language
- Data visualization abilities in R, Excel, or other deliverable-quality platform
- Familiarity with designing survey experiments, including but not limited to:
- Discrete choice experiments (e.g. conjoint, MaxDiff)
- Randomized controlled trials
- Message and persuasion testing
- Familiarity with population sample design and weighting methodologies
- Excellent writing skills, especially for a public audience
- Highly polished presentation skills
- Very comfortable with online collaborative tools (e.g. Slack, Google Docs, GitHub)
- Based anywhere, and comfortable working standard US Eastern or EU business hours
- Comfortable with a permanent remote arrangement
- Spoken and written language: English
- Flexible working hours
- Above market rate salary for your location and experience
- Profit share end-of-year bonus potential
- Health and dental insurance
- Contributing to retirement account
- Unlimited days off
- Childcare stipend
- Stipend for shared or home office space
- Stipend for extra-curricular learning
- Bi-annual live meet-up trips with the entire team
- We’ve already visited New York, Paris, the Rocky Mountains, and Kenya! Maybe your home town can be next, if you can convince us of how awesome it is.
Why we think we’re special
Gradient is a unique company built in a very intentional way, and we intend to keep it that way. We value both independence and collaboration — meaning you can do what you need to do to solve a problem, but you have all the tools and expertise at your disposal to get it done. You’ll be part of our growth and will help craft our legacy.
You’ll learn something new every single day by solving problems that rarely have a clear solution. And if you don’t know something, we’ll give you the resources you need to figure it out. We love books, classes, and workshops. We’ll take good care of you with a competitive salary, healthcare coverage, unlimited time off, and a flexible schedule that allows you to be a real person too.