RESEARCH ASSISTANT II-Rosen Lab
ABOUT US: Scripps Research is ranked the most influential institution in the world for its impact on innovation. We expand basic knowledge in the biosciences and use these fundamental advancements to develop profound innovations that improve wellbeing. Our educational and training programs mold talented and committed students and postdocs into leading edge scientists. Scientists in the institute’s five academic research departments work hand-in-hand with researchers of the Scripps Research Translational Institute and Calibr to merge foundational studies in biology, chemistry and computer science with translational science to produce pioneering drugs and advances in digital and precision medicine. Together, we cultivate new scientific leaders and expand the frontiers of knowledge to deliver medical breakthroughs to better human health around the globe. If you have a passion for making a difference, this could be your opportunity to join our transformative team.
POSITION TITLE: Research Assistant II
The Rosen lab is focused on early-stage small molecule discovery starting from new and challenging targets, working with our chemistry partners to optimize lead candidates suitable for further development. Our aim is to deliver life-changing medicines to improve patient outcomes. The successful candidate will execute biochemical and cell-based assays through different stages of development and screening using state-of-the-art automation and detection technology.
RESPOSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform assays for a wide variety of targets; enzymes, receptors, and functional cell-based assays with fluorescence, FP, TRF, and reporter gene readouts
- Ensure thorough data analysis and provide complex interpretations of results
- Use critical assessment regarding the interpretation and optimization of data
- Calibrate, program, and optimize methods for automated liquid handling and analytical equipment
- Manage small molecule inventory by keeping accurate records for the receipt and location of small molecule test compounds
- Accurately record results of experiments, calculate results, and prepare summaries of experiments using Excel and GraphPad Prizm or equivalent software.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been attained. Re
- Requires 3-5 years’ experience. Candidates possessing a master’s degree, 2+ years’ experience required.
- Wet lab experience of 3+ years full-time in a lab is highly desired, especially mammalian tissue culture and microplate automated liquid handling.
- This position works in a laboratory or vivarium environment.
- Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
COMPENSATION: The expected hiring range for this position is $47,070 to $58,843 per year, commensurate with experience. Consideration will be given to experience that exceeds the listed requirements.
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and the content herein is subject to change due to the business needs of Scripps Research, with or without notice. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Scripps Research staff.
The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background in the fields of science. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status. Underrepresented individuals are encouraged to apply.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until restrictions change, interviews will be conducted virtually.