Summer Intern, Corporate Finance - Programming & Content
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
SiriusXM/Pandora is seeking a finance intern to help support our Programming & Content team. This person will work closely with both the finance and programming teams to assist in providing financial and analytical support. The intern will assist in maintaining departmental financial models and will evaluate business costs related to contractual agreements as well as prepare associated financial summaries. A successful candidate will be able to learn quickly, communicate effectively and be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
This intern role will have high visibility across all of programming and will work on all aspects our content budgeting/forecasting process:
- Prepare financial summaries, forecasts and analyses for management.
- Following the monthly accounting close, assist in review and reporting of budget vs. actual variances.
- Review agreements/contracts and formulate a clear understanding of key terms to summarize for management and forecasting purposes.
- Help to communicate trends to Program Directors and Executive Producers during regular budget meetings.
- Create Excel models and/or dashboards for data visualization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2024 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship as well as broadcasting schools with one-year programs that provide certificates of completion.
- Must have thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong financial analysis and quantitative skills; attention to detail.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a bachelor’s degree or MBA in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be $15-20/hr and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.