IMSA's SITE intern program identifies talented college students who are pursuing STEM or education degrees and are interested in exploring teaching. It provides these interns with training, mentorship and support, feedback, and classroom opportunities to teach IMSA-created, hands-on, inquiry-based STEM content to students in IMSA’s summer programs. These internships will be largely in-person, based at IMSA’s Aurora campus but may include some work done remotely. This internship would begin May 30 and conclude July 28. General hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. SITE Interns will receive hourly compensation of $15.00/hr.
- Co-teach and/or solo teach IMSA summer programs, both virtual and in-person
- Prepare materials for IMSA camps
- When not teaching, serve as classroom assistants and group leaders during in-person programs, supervising students
- Interact with program participants and create a welcoming environment that supports inquiry, exploration, and risk-taking
- Help ensure student safety during drop-off and pick-up
- Model exemplary leadership traits for IMSA Allies students
- Assist with clean-up and storage of materials at the end of the program
- Other duties as assigned
Eligibility Requirements: Rising college sophomore, junior, or senior, or enrolled in a graduate program for fall 2023, with a STEM or education concentration.
Application Deadline: April 15 - job offers will be made on a rolling basis, so it benefits you to get your application in early.