Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) is currently seeking applicants for the Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships. Reporting to the Associate Provost for Research and Strategic Partnerships, the Associate Director, Partnerships and Agreements is responsible for establishing, informing, and implementing RISD’s strategic plan related to strategic partnerships by nurturing existing national and international partnership relationships.
RISD Research and Strategic Partnerships are departments within the Office of the Vice Provost for Strategic Partnerships, which supports faculty and students in expanding their practices through external grants and partnerships. RISD recognizes that discovery and experimentation are critical for meaningful work in the arts and for realizing the significance of art and design in the world. The institution's focus on fine, design, and liberal arts, the excellence of its faculty and student body, and its compact size all facilitate diverse types of research and partnership that contribute new insight and advance practice through exploration of materials, techniques, contexts, and ideas.
- Proven ability to work with range of external collaborators;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with internal stakeholders and team members;
- Ability work on deadline in fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality outcomes with external partners;
- Proven record of taking initiative with the ability to anticipate issues or delays.
- Ability to influence and motivate others to meet deadlines;
- Familiarity with international partnerships, knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural issues expected; ability to interact well with people from a variety of backgrounds/experiences required;
- Excellent oral, written, and electronic communication skills;
- Detailed oriented;
- Microsoft Office / Google suite experience required.
- Masters’/advanced degree required in a field represented by RISD departments with a 5 years’ experience as a project manager preferably in an academic setting
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.