Staff Consultant (Environmental Risk Assessment)
Terraphase Engineering Inc. is seeking candidates for an entry-level staff environmental risk assessment consultant position in its Princeton, NJ office. The desired individual will have an interest in applying their technical knowledge and creativity in helping clients resolve complex environmental challenges. The desired individual should be interested in working in a collaborative environment, with exceptional work-life flexibility, where advancement is based upon merit, and where professional career development is supported through a culture of coaching.
Staff level risk assessment consultants are typically engaged in projects which involve applying risk assessment and risk management strategies to support clients in making key decisions regarding the investigation and management of contaminated sites. This includes supporting site characterization and remedial action projects that involve efforts to identify and control potentially unacceptable human and ecological exposures to chemicals in the environment. These projects can involve performing exposure assessments, fate and transport modeling, statistical and spatial analysis, developing remediation/risk management plans, and providing technical support for litigation and regulatory negotiations.
- Quantitatively evaluating human and ecological risks
- Modeling contaminant migration and calculating exposure concentrations
- Managing and evaluating large environmental datasets
- Performing statistical and spatial data analysis
- Preparing reports and other written communications
- Supporting regulatory negotiations and the evaluation of technical documents
- Should hold a degree in environmental or chemical engineering, environmental health, environmental science, biology, chemistry, toxicology, or similar field
- 0-2 years of experience in applied human health and/or ecological risk assessment (e.g., exposure assessment, environmental fate and transport modeling, statistical/spatial analysis, toxicology, etc.)
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and database software
- Familiarity with geographical information systems (GIS) applications software
- Strong analytical, quantitative and communication skills
- Creative and enjoys problem-solving
Benefits: Along with a one-of-a-kind company-culture, Terraphase offers an extensive benefits package including; Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, a generous 401(k) match, Commuter Benefits, TerraLunches, TerraTalks, Tuition/Licensing/Professional Development Reimbursement, Flexible Work Schedule, and on-going company-sponsored events.
Who We Are: Terraphase is a client focused environmental consulting firm that develops creative and technically sound solutions to complex environmental and engineering challenges. We apply technical expertise and keen awareness of the regulatory framework to achieve our clients’ project goals and objectives. Our staff includes registered professionals in civil engineering, geology, hydrogeology, and geotechnical engineering. Our unique blend of experience, teaming, project work and company culture make Terraphase one of the best places to work and one of the fastest growing environmental firms in the country.
Terraphase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. (EOE M/V/F/D)