Contract Management Analyst 2
Contract Management Analyst 2
Job ID: 106832
Location: H3S-Health Centers
Full/Part Time: Full Time
CLACKAMAS COUNTY CORE VALUES
Clackamas County employees work to serve the public and enrich our community. In that spirit, we pledge to hold ourselves to these standards at all times in our interactions with customers and one another:
• Individual accountability
By incorporating these values into our daily routines, we can better serve our customers, ourselves and our projects. We're always looking to improve.
That's the Clackamas County SPIRIT.
Clackamas County is committed to building a community where people thrive, have a sense of safety, connection, and belonging, so that everyone is honored and celebrated for the richness in diversity they bring.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and lived experience to apply.
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Annual Pay Range: $72,534.18 - $91,984.96
Hourly Pay Range: $34.87220 - $44.223540
Salary offers will be made within the posted pay range and will be based on a candidate's experience (paid or unpaid) that is directly relevant to the position.
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees), and a robust sick and vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering, health and wellness classes and events, and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle.
Employee benefits become effective the first of the month following an employee's date of hire.
Attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions are detailed below.
Generous paid time off package, including:
• 12 hours of vacation accrued per month
• 8 hours of sick accrued per month
• 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
• Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP):
• Employer paid 6% PERS retirement contribution (The county currently pays the employee's share of the retirement contribution.)
• ORSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
• A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Longevity pay
• Other retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457b Deferred Compensation Plan
• A variety of additional optional benefits (see links below for additional information)
This is a full time County position represented by the Employees' Association.
JOB DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Clackamas County Health Centers Division is seeking an experienced, detail oriented individual to fill the vacancy of Management Analyst 2. The purpose of this position is to provide professional management support, including analysis and management of administrative, fiscal and/or program operations, with an emphasis on contract management. The Contract Management Analyst 2 will be responsible for applying management principles to complex program operations within the Health Centers Division, specifically contract administration.
The Contract Management Analyst 2 will coordinate with vendors, management, and other partners in terms of ensuring contracts are developed and submitted correctly, as well as in compliance with procurement guidelines.
Competitive candidates will have excellent negotiation skills as well as the ability to exercise independent judgement, resourcefulness and initiative to accomplish work and provide solutions to management. The ideal candidate will have experience in contract management, including development and administration in either a governmental or healthcare setting.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• A minimum of four (4) years of related experience that would provide the required knowledge and skills to perform the responsibilities of this position
• Experience working directly with vendors, providers, contractors and /or suppliers
• Working knowledge of principles and practices of contract preparation and administration
• Experience negotiating contractual agreements, including contract terms and conditions
• Familiarity with federal and state funding process
• Experience in effective research techniques, methods and procedures
• Ability and experience in preparing clear, accurate and concise reports in a timely manner
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Adobe Pro
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. http://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/828106a0-265a-47cc-a3a6-0a2c8b028673
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Experience in government contract management, including development and administration
• Experience in contract management within a healthcare setting or similar
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran's Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
• Facilitate, process and administratively monitor contracts for goods and services, including new contracts and amendments
• Support defining and writing scopes of work and performance measurements, drafting background statements and project narratives and researching examples of technical specifications
• Recommend appropriate procurement strategies and options that address department business needs and County processes
• Assist in developing and updating cost estimates
• Liaison with Procurement Office, County Counsel's Office and Risk Management Division
• Research and resolve contractor performance and payment issues and disputes
• Manage divisions contract database
• Streamline contract processing procedures including revising best business practices
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working Knowledge of: Principles, practices and methods of administrative, organizational, economic and procedural analysis; principles and practices of public administration and business communication; principles and techniques related to assigned discipline, such as financial analysis, government accounting, budget development, statistical research and legislative processes; Federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to assigned areas of responsibility; English grammar and composition; office equipment, including personal computers and software programs.
Skill to: Research and analyze administrative, operational, financial, budgetary, procedural, and organizational issues and develop improvements in operations, policies, procedures and methods; plan and conduct research projects in statistical or narrative form; analyze issues and problems from multiple perspectives; identify alternative solutions and recommend sound, logical, fact-based conclusions; prepare clear, concise and comprehensive reports; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; maintain compliance with County, State, Federal and other rules, regulations and laws related to areas of responsibility; manages, coordinates and/or administers assigned area of responsibility; coordinate work of assigned staff or project team; establish and maintain effective working relationships with County employees, external agencies and businesses, citizen and community groups, and the public; operate computer software and other office equipment.
This position is included in the County's alternate workweek program, working 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Thursday (Fridays off). Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended.
This position is eligible for hybrid on-site/telework subject to the https://dochub.clackamas.us/documents/drupal/9065b5fb-2237-47ce-9534-e7c8c40fc2bc and based on the Department's business needs. The exact amount of on-site/telework and schedule will be discussed with the hiring manager during time of offer. Telework locations cannot be located outside of Oregon or Washington. Washington residents must perform 50% of their time on-site at Clackamas County.
EXPLORE CLACKAMAS COUNTY
Clackamas County is in a prime location in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and is recognized nationally as one of the most livable areas in the United States. Located on the southern edge of the City of Portland and extending to the top of Mt. Hood, Clackamas County is part of a thriving region in the Northwest. It has a population of about 420,000 residents.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Clackamas County Health Centers provide direct medical, dental, and mental health services to Clackamas County residents.
We provide services at our Integrated Primary Health Care Clinics, our mental health clinics, or through our School Based Health Centers.
Health Centers is a Division of the http://www.clackamas.us/h3s/
Clackamas County only accepts online applications.
Help With Your Application:
If you have any questions or issues you may contact the Department of Human Resources at 503-655-8459 or mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application%20Materials%20Question. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (closed on Fridays).
HOW TO CLAIM VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
E.D. Barnett, Recruiter
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3813694
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.