TV & Streaming Research Internships – Summer 2023
COMPANY DESCRIPTION –
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
JOB DESCRIPTION –
Summer 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: February 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
NBCUniversal owns a valuable portfolio spanning across broadcast divisions, cable networks, digital businesses, film, international, local media, Peacock and TV studio productions. The Analytics, Insights & Measurement team utilizes new data measurement approaches, advanced analytics & tools, in order to present unified measurement of data across the media landscape, as well as analytics and insights across the NBCU brands.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Consumer Research: This research role offers a wide-lens view of the media & entertainment landscape. The intern will focus on marketing research projects related to traditional broadcast and Pay TV, as well as SVOD and AVOD streaming services. Joining a team of quantitative and qualitative researchers, they will explore and leverage a wide variety of datasets.
- Data & Measurement Strategy: Interns will be responsible for analyzing viewership of NBCU and competitive networks and platforms across all screens and will support internal digital and cross platform reporting tools. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data, exposure to working with audience measurement tools and large data sets, Tableau/SQL proficiency, and the curiosity to explore and evaluate new measurement tools across linear and digital.
- Research Operations: The Research Operations team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of ratings that power billions in business across NBCU by managing programs, program details, schedules, and affiliate lineups that are utilized in the creation of Nielsen ratings. Interns will assist our team with submitting schedule information for NBC Broadcast and six of the cable networks to Nielsen to ensure programming is reported accurately. The intern would also be involved with helping to link and release VOD assets for NBC Broadcast and Peacock to Nielsen, as well as assisting with ad hoc projects that may come up.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Experience with Tableau/SQL is a plus.
- Experience with Nielsen is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical mindset.
- A passion for the entertainment industry and television programming.
- Exposure to Nielsen systems and applications.
- A willingness to learn and utilize new systems.
The hourly rate for this internship is $16.50
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.