Data Scientist, Distribution Analytics- SUMMER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY!!!!
BJ’s Wholesale Club is looking for a Distribution Analyst to join our Management Development Summer Internship Program.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Cycle through departments within Logistics Operations including but not limited to financial control; reverse logistics; supply chain analytics; perishable operations; and fresh procurement
- Work with Merchants, Finance, Logistics, and DC/Club Operations to coordinate end to end execution of the reverse logistics process
- Collaborate with DC’s and finance to review and correct SAP vs WMS inventory discrepancies
- Manage FTL, LTL, and parcel freight carrier claims
- Review and report on Vendor compliance program and work with finance on vendor invoice inquiry issues
- Coordinate club delivery schedules, liaison to Perishable Ops, Merchants, and Planning & Allocation
- Work independently on smaller projects or participate as part of a team on large-scale projects.
- Research and analyze data and documents; compile and summarize findings.
- Compose written and verbal recommendations and presentations of findings, options, and impact.
- Provide input on system application needs or implements system tools to assist with distribution management activities or analyses.
- Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student majoring in Supply Chain Management; Project Management; Finance; Data Science; Computer Science; Business Management; Business Analytics; Accounting; Economics; or Information Technology
- Microsoft Excel experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail (both virtually and in person)
- Ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced, team environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated interest in logistics operations
- Technically inclined and able to pick up on new technology easily
- Able to work hybrid schedule in Marlborough, MA
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.