Research Assistant 106056
We are seeking a Research Assistant. The Research Assistant will work with the Wilmer Cornea Service and collaborating clinicians in the department. The Research Assistant will work with investigators, collaborators and patients in a clinical research environment. In addition, the individual will be assisting with a new research project. Roles include carrying out research in accordance with good clinical practices, collecting data from recruited patients or existing medical records, managing databases, analysis of composite collected data, and preparing the relevant information for journal submission.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with clinicians and other gatekeepers to access the patient population.
- Recruit research participants.
- Verify patient eligibility for studies.
- Interview patients.
- Perform data collection.
- Review medical records.
- Enter data into a computer database.
- Complete analysis of existing data.
- Conduct thorough literature searches to support existing and potential projects.
- Organize data using computer software to ensure accuracy.
- Generate and summarize data into reports to share with PI and Research Coordinators.
- Maintain paper and computerized research files.
- Prepare necessary documents/protocols for research projects.
- Create and assist in the creation of manuscripts for journal submission.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Some related experience.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The Research Assistant must have prior experience with patient interaction and have familiarity with recruiting patients for a research study.
- The candidate must have some working medical knowledge, especially in the field of Ophthalmology.
- Prior research experience is recommended, must be comfortable working with databases, spreadsheets, and medical records.