Part-Time Branch Operations Assistant (Grand Rapids, MI)
As a Branch Operations Assistant, you will:
Answer incoming calls to the branch as well as receive clients, vendors and prospects, during normal business hours. Be responsible for the client service & marketing functions of one or more Financial Advisors following a wealth management or portfolio management business approach, including any operational functions necessary to meet client service requirements. This highly visible position requires a polished professional with superior communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- Greet and direct incoming clients, visitors and business associates in a helpful, professional and pleasant manner.
- Answer inquiries from clients, prospective clients, and business associates; provides clients with quotes and current balances.
- Seek ways to enhance FA(s) business effectiveness and marketability.
- Maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) system for Financial Advisor(s), as well as leverage the platform to manage the client relationship through mailings, reporting, e-mail tracking, and more, with the goal of implementing well-defined client service models.
- Acts as a liaison for support staff and financial advisors in the branch
- Provides high level fundamental client support in all phases of operational service and account maintenance including telephone coverage, document accuracy, money movement & deposits, reports, and actionable items
- Performs miscellaneous clerical functions including mailings and various projects for teams and individual advisors within the branch
- Plans, coordinates, and takes the lead on event planning annual initiatives such as the United Way Campaign, Baird Gives Back, and the branch Shredding & Recycling Event
- Performs daily deposit of checks received into the branch via mail, overnight delivery, or provided directly by the client, ensuring precision and client satisfaction
- Sort, process and route incoming and outgoing mail.
- Copy, fax, and file various materials as needed.
- Log Compliance files. File paperwork such as wires and branch manager daily reports.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Opportunity to gain experience in Private Wealth Management within a branch setting.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and gain exposure throughout the branch.
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
What we look for:
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1+ years previous customer service or administrative experience; preferably in the financial services industry.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; excellent telephone and client service skills.
- Detail oriented. Critical thinking and proactive problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with ability to perform semi-advanced math.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to be flexible.
- Ability to handle clients professionally and manage challenging situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn and effectively navigate Baird’s Private Wealth Management technology platforms (Thomson ONE, Albridge, Envestnet, CRM, Money Guide Pro, Liquid Office etc.). Strong organizational skills -- consistent ability to prioritize work flow of self and Financial Advisors in order to achieve specific goals in a timely manner.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.