SCAPE is a landscape architecture and urban design practice headquartered in New York with offices in New Orleans and San Francisco. We design and advocate for the ecologically restorative and socially engaged landscapes, urban environments, and natural infrastructure of the future.
Our staff of over 90 individuals includes landscape architects, urban planners, architects, ecological designers, horticulturists, and community engagement professionals—and a deep bench of technical expertise related to construction, regulation, and agency review. We work across disciplines, collaborating with architects, developers, engineers, agencies, institutions, foundations, and grassroots environmental justice and community groups on projects across all scales. We believe that creativity doesn’t end with design, it extends through every facet of the practice from initial concepts, through detail development, spec writing, project management, mentorship, professional development and beyond. We are looking for someone to join our team who matches our interests in creativity and innovation who will become an integral member of our practice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
SCAPE is currently seeking a mid-level landscape designer or landscape architect to join our team in New York City. Ideal candidates should have 3-5 years in the landscape architecture field with an emphasis on technical documentation, planting expertise, and coastal resilience landscape construction. They should be enthusiastic about designing complex coastal resilience landscapes and be comfortable working in a highly collaborative, energetic environment on large teams. All candidates should be well-rounded, self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good communication skills. Experience with NYC waterfronts, public sector clients and agency coordination is preferred. Experience with landscapes on-structure is a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and ranges from $65,000 to $80,000.
This position is based in our New York headquarters. Please note that SCAPE highly values in-person collaboration and operates on a 3-days in-person and 2-days flex remote policy.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field from an accredited University program.
- 3-5 years working in the landscape architecture profession.
- NYC waterfront experience with public agencies is strongly preferred.
- Collaborative disposition and iterative workflow with an eye for good design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills for internal collaboration, consultant coordination, and client relationships.
- Experience through all phases of design from concept through construction including required agency reviews, bidding, and construction observation.
- Experience working on documentation sets and technical development of complex and unique projects. Knowledge with technical design on coastal resiliency projects and projects on-structure is a plus.
- Interest and demonstrated capabilities in horticultural design is a plus.
- Comfortability working on multi-disciplinary external teams with extensive coordination between SCAPE and the consultant teams and complex client groups.
- High level of proficiency in computer programs including MS Office, AutoCAD, Rhino, and the Adobe Suite. Proficiency in Lumion and/or other three-dimensional modeling and visualization software is a plus.
DEADLINE & SUBMISSION
Applications are due by January 31, 2023 (11:59pm ET).
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, but please review these instructions in detail before reaching out.