Mental Health Nurse at The Welcoming Center
Are YOU a Registered Nurse looking to work outside of hospital? Are YOU a Registered Nurse looking to empower and stabilize youth in need of direct care? Then the Registered Nurse at The Welcoming Center is the job for you!
ABOUT THE WELCOMING CENTER
The Welcoming Center in San Jose helps support youth in navigating trauma from experiencing loss in placement, separation, and home removal. We provide a safe, caring, and home-like environment for youth to receive therapeutic services.
- Decrease placement disruptions for youth
- Empower youth with therapeutic support tools
- Help youth build resilience and Independence skills
- Stabilize youth and guide them into lower levels of care
The Registered Nurse is responsible for implementing and evaluating the nursing care delivered within the program. The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to provide assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of resident care within designated clinical areas. They act as a clinical role model and provide nursing consultation to staff within the assigned areas of responsibility.
Seneca Family of Agencies has been nominated among the Bay Area’s Top Workplaces for several consecutive years. We’re committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities with a network of excellent mental health, community-based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage people of color to apply. Our programs deeply engage in conversations and training on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Provide quality care, including nursing triage and assessment.
- Ensuring safe medication processes are followed including procurement, ordering, storage and administration practices.
- Collect and analyze assessment data to formulate client care issues, individualized outcomes, plans, implement and evaluates nursing interventions.
- Collaborate to ensure safety of medication administration, adequate consents, medical treatment and follow-up.
- Maintain working relationships with pediatricians, specialists, psychiatrists, therapists and hospitals who provide care to the children.
- Provide ongoing training for staff on medications, and other health-related education.
- Intervene with the clients’ behavior management programs as needed. This includes physical management of the clients as necessary.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing required
- Psychiatric, Pediatric and/or Crisis experience a plus!
- Valid California Registered Nurse License required
- CPR – BLS
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities a plus!
- Experience with pediatrics, mental health, Community Care Licensing regulations, and/or triage assessment experience a plus!
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Excellent team coordination, follow through and organizational skills
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am-9pm
- Flexibility of 10am-10pm or 11am-11pm
- PT hourly with additional paid on-call/remote nursing triage
- $55.10 an hour starting with actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual language proficiency exam
- Salary increases each year
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and fertility coverage
- Long-term disability, family leave, and life insurance
- 50% paid premiums for dependents
- 403b retirement plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Relocation assistance may be available
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Abundant professional development, scholarship, and promotional opportunities
Keywords: Non-profit, Nonprofit, Non for Profit, Mental Health, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare, Nurse, Nursing, Direct Care, Foster, Group Home, Welcome Center, San Jose, Bay Area