Investment Banking Summer Analyst 2024 - Technology & Services (Boston, MA)
Investment Banking Interns are given a high level of responsibility in a specific industry or product-focused team. Under administrative direction, Analyst Interns work with a variety of financial products including public and private debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, and financial advisory for a specified period of time. Interns will enhance their financial analysis skills, develop an understanding of capital markets and clients, and contribute and generate ideas throughout the internship. Analyst Interns are expected to work on every aspect of the transaction process, including participation in drafting sessions, new business proposals and due diligence meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop financial models to assess debt and equity financing alternatives for transactions.
• Perform valuation methodologies, comparative company analysis and discounted cash flow analysis on target companies.
• Provide input to equity offerings, valuations, private placements, mergers and acquisitions advisories.
• Research, analyze, present and document drafting elements of a developing transaction.
• Collaborate with Senior Bankers to develop client presentations.
• Follow current events in respective industry groups in order to keep Bankers informed about critical issues in the news that are relevant to current and prospective clients.
• Maintain group databases.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications - External
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Financial markets and products.
• Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
• Problem solving.
• Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office and established databases.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends, and apply findings to reports.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
• Think independently in order to market ideas.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
• Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• None required.