Film Distribution & Marketing Internship - Summer 2023
Films have the power to change the world. Join a filmmaking team dedicated to making films to envision and draw people toward a positive future.
You'll be working on promotion and distribution of "The World Is My Country" and potentially helping the team as they draw together the resources to produce an ongoing series using entertainment to build a better world.
Go to the website: TheWorldIsMyCountry.com - a film getting accolades around the world!
The internship program is conducted and supervised by the Producer and Director of the film. The producer has over 20 years of experience in all aspects of film - from cinematography, managing shoots, editing, and producing to promotion.
The Director has worked on films for change for over 50 years, starting with documentaries on the Vietnam war. He did the nuclear war research for ABC's "The Day After" which Ronald Reagan credits with convincing him to avert a nuclear war and instead negotiate arms-reduction treaties with the Russians. He also produced “War Without Winners,” with actor Paul Newman and filmed by Haskell Wexler. See WarWithoutWinners.com.
Internship Details, Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Outcomes:
● Summer-long educational and activism internship (volunteer/unpaid).
● 10 hours per week.
● Summer 2023 session - online - and/or work with other interns in person in Washington D.C.
● Provides experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application in a professional setting.
● Orientation, training & access to our online courses in film distribution and how to use a film to help build a movement.
● Academic credit toward degree (depending on school requirements).
● A two-person intern team would be welcomed to apply!
● Researching, brainstorming and dialing potential sponsors for our broadcast worldwide (So far it’s been broadcast on DirecTV, Dish Network as well as over 100 PBS affiliates).
● Contacting TV Stations around the world to set up broadcasts of the film.
● Promoting the broadcast through Social Media, Facebook ads, google-ads, Linked-in and other social media outlets.
● Contacting schools to set up educational screenings.
● Emailing and calling conference planners to book the film and speaker.
● Contacting potential affiliates to offer virtual screenings.
● Planning and promoting virtual events and attracting ticket sales.
● Promoting membership of the club which has speakers and meetings where we explore how we actually create the People-Powered Planet advocated in our film by World Citizen #1 Garry Davis.
● Interns must be reliable, motivated, dedicated, computer savvy and have an upbeat/can-do personality.
● Strong research and writing skills.
● Communication skills.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Art, graphic design, video, and/or photo-editing skills optional.
● Experience in social media, networking, media relations, fundraising, and customer service (preferred).
● Enthusiasm for and a demonstrated interest in world citizenship to save our world from ecocide, nuclear war and other threats to humanity’s existence.
● Interested in working in a culturally sensitive way to rise above the borderlines that divide us.
● Learn the exciting new world of self-distribution.
● Understand and appropriately apply public relations strategies and social media marketing techniques.
● Communicate effectively with the public using multiple tools and platforms.
● Identify and use digital resources to further the mission of rising above the borders which divide us.
How to Apply:
Interested students should submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of Future Wave Producer Melanie Bennett through Handshake.
About Future Wave:
Future Wave Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) - Working for Alternatives to Violence through Entertainment.
Our award-winning film “The World is My Country” is now being self-distributed, and we are expanding exponentially into wider worldwide distribution.
Synopsis: The true story of the daring, controversial, decades-ahead-of-his-time World Citizen #1 Garry Davis! With a single act of courage, a song and dance man sparks a huge people power movement that draws Albert Einstein, Albert Camus and a cast of thousands into an amazing journey that Martin Sheen calls “a roadmap to a better future.”
This Internship is in collaboration with the World Citizen Government - a non-profit organization in Washington DC. Their vision is World Peace and Justice through World Citizenship and World Law. Their mission is to educate about and implement universal rights, world citizenship, world law and to create the institutions of law that will help humans to live together peacefully with each other and sustainably with the Earth.