University Relations - Tax Intern
The Tax internship trains junior-level professionals to understand different aspects of taxation and provides a good foundation for future opportunities.
*This 1-year part-time internship is located in Chicago, IL*
What to Expect from the Corporate Tax Internship Program?
- 1-year, part-time internship. Expected 10-20 hours during school and 40 hours during breaks*.
- Rotational style program offers exposure to different disciplines within Tax Department, including but not limited to Tax Compliance, Premium Tax Compliance, Tax Technology, and Sales & Use Tax.
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real-world, hands-on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group Involvement
What Are Your Responsibilities as an Intern?
- Introduction to our tax compliance software & experience with Oracle Financials.
- Participation in completing Federal and State Corporate Income Tax Returns, including preparing tax adjustments and Pro-forma returns within ONESOURCE tax software.
- Preparation of quarterly state income tax estimates/extensions.
- Participation in completing Premium Tax filings, including preparing annual returns and estimated payments within Premium Pro tax software.
- Assisting the Tax Technology Team and learning about creating efficiencies through automation
- Year-end compliance
- Assisting with monthly sales and use tax compliance
- Introduction to Corporate Tax Data Visualizations software (Tableau and PowerBi)
- Gain experience with robotic processing automation software (UIPath) and self-service data analytics Research related tax issues on research websites such as CCH Intelliconnect.
- Preparation of statutory and GAAP federal income tax provisions for current and deferred expenses in accordance with ASC740 and SSAP 101.
- Communicate with management regarding developments within areas of assigned responsibility and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Duties will vary based on the needs of the department and the intern’s training, experience, and guidance
What Requirements Must Interns Meet?
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or Taxation Program
- Graduation date between December 2023 – June 2024
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Prior internship and/or leadership experience is a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
*Flexibility to work around exam schedules, time off, etc.*
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Even if you don’t think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway - you might have qualifications we haven’t even thought of yet.