University Relations - Accounting Intern
** This ten-week paid internship is located in Chicago. **
What Are Your Responsibilities?
– Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies, and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
– Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
– Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
– Create a final internship PowerPoint presentation to share with department leadership covering the internship experience and the assigned project throughout the summer, including the results and any solutions or recommendations that the department can leverage in the future.
What Do You Need to Be Successful?
– Prior related internship or work experience is a plus
– Volunteerism or leadership experience is a plus
– Involvement in related Associations/Organizations is a plus
– Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
– Strong analytical skills
– Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
– Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a Business-related field
– Graduation date between December 2023 – June 2024
– A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
– Availability to work ten weeks during the summer
– Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (currently, we are not offering this program under OPT or CPT and are not sponsoring work visas for this role)
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
– Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen
– Challenging real-world, hands-on project
– Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
– Professional development workshops
– Business Resource Group Involvement
– Volunteer activities
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Even if you don’t think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway - you might have qualifications we haven’t even thought of yet.