Machine Learning Bell Labs Intern 2200000P5A
Position: Machine Learning Bell Labs Intern
Duration: 10 Weeks
Date: June 5 to August 11, 2023
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Nokia Bell Labs is the world-renowned research arm of Nokia, having invented many of the foundational technologies that underpin information and communications networks and all digital devices and systems. This research has produced nine Nobel Prizes, five Turing Awards and numerous other awards.
Bell Labs Summer Intern
Nokia Bell Labs is building the future of human experience and our interns will have the opportunity to learn from and work with industry leading experts, who solve the most formidable challenges confronting our world through disruptive innovation and research.
Currently a candidate for bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics or related field with an accredited school in US.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Investigate and implement new techniques for knowledge extraction from unstructured data. The project will focus on applying the latest approaches to knowledge extraction from unstructured data, such as documents, text, images, and video.
- In the project, you will investigate and apply algorithms such as deep neural networks in the shape of natural language processing transformers, knowledge model building techniques like graph embeddings, automatic topic modeling, unsupervised clustering methods, and hybrid neural-symbolic learning methods.
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Knowledge of data analytics and machine learning and/or natural language processing and their application to real-world problems.
- Strong ability to work within teams with excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Some experience with creating practical data analytics and/or machine learning applications.
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Internship Term: During your internship term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
As a federal contractor & pursuant to Presidential Exec. Order 14042, Nokia mandates for all employees a COVID-19 vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Summer 2023
“The intern program at Nokia is truly designed to give students all the support and guidance we need to excel in our professional careers. Working at Nokia as a software developer Co-op, I was able to learn and grow with the guidance of mentors from across the company through a multitude of research, development, and leadership opportunities. It was exciting to be able to contribute to real-world projects and apply my previous experiences to new domains, especially since the Nokia work culture encourages innovation and creativity. I’ve made lifelong connections and skills through my time here, and I’m so grateful to have been a part of the Nokia team!” – Mara Hubelbank, Former Nokia Co-op student, Spring - Summer 2021
Follow and engage with us on social media:
Chat with our Nokia insiders to ask questions and learn more about us!
- United States Salary Range: $18.80-$34.50
- United States Benefits: Nokia US Campus Program offers the following benefits: Paid time off for holidays, Flexible working opportunities, NokiaEDU (Personal Development)
- Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.
- Disclaimer (For US Jobs): Nokia Maintains broad annual base salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, and with consideration to internal peer equity.